Forums > General > Film set moment?

FILM SET MOMENT?
Previous | 1 | Next

The best drives thread made me remember a bizarre and slightly disturbing incident when I lived in London.

I was out visiting a client in the bosses car (sadly just a Gowf GTI) with a junior colleague and we were sitting at lights rght outside Stratford Shopping Centre when a MK1 Fiesta shot up the bus lane at a high rate of knots only to screech to a halt behind a bus that was picking up passengers.

My colleague and I were looking at this when a relatively new 7 series in black with blacked out windows shot past and rammed the fiesta under the back of the bus. It then reversed and rammed it again.

At this point several people jumped out the Fiesta and ran off. Chased by some leather jacketed lads carrying baseball bats from the beemer.

So in broad daylight, just after lunch, there was a guy dragging a sobbing girl back towards the BMW, while she tried to sit on the ground.

At this point I started to get out of the car only for my colleague, Dani, to lock the car doors and refuse to let me out.

Her logic was that the lad had a bat.

I was genuinely shocked that so many people just looked on. Again I went to getting out the car, explaining to Dani that I was more than capable of taking the bat away, especially as the guy was concentrating on a by now hysterical girl.

At that point a young lass in a suit went up to the guy and held his arm and started telling him to let her go. This seemed to break a spell and an elderly muslim chap joined her and he legged it back to the car. At this point the lights changed and we drove off.

This whole episode only took 30 seconds or so but it was like being in an episode of the bill.

I should point out tha my wife constantly told me off for smiling at people and saying hello when we moved to London and also stopped me letting people out at junctions as she was scared I woud get shot. :shock:

So anyone else had a "film set" moment?

I was genuinely shocked that so many people just looked on. Again I went to getting out the car, explaining to Dani that I was more than capable of taking the bat away, especially as the guy was concentrating on a by now hysterical girl.

Sounds like a piston heads story :)

--

New Skool Turbo Power

YouTube Channel

Sammyturbo said...

no way, I mentio my bosses car..my BOSS! :D I didnt have a goatee either but I was wet behind the ears just down from Scotland.:)

Daddydadbo said...

Sammyturbo said...

no way, I mentio my bosses car..my BOSS! :D I didnt have a goatee either but I was wet behind the ears just down from Scotland.:)

Is your boss powerfully built?

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Daddydadbo said...

Often the last words spoken by somebody, while they still had a full set of teeth:lol:

Its nothing to do with driving other than I had a golf cart to play with, but I did get free reign of Universal Studios exterior lots many moons ago, on a work shindig - we had a good wander over the Jurassic Park set, all the street sets, Pyscho house (2/3rds scale one, on the hill) and various others. The official tour kept passing us, all the tourists taking our pics thinking we were someone important :lol:

Not film style, but last week on Fulham road there was this drunk homeless barefoot guy walking along the footpath. He just fell sideways onto the road right in front of my car . Good thing I was going really slowly. I thought about stopping and helping but he was really dirty, drunk and seemed alive so I just reversed a bit and drove round him.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

p7ulg said...

Daddydadbo said...

Often the last words spoken by somebody, while they still had a full set of teeth:lol:

:lol:

Marv said...

p7ulg said...

[quote="Daddydadbo"]

?/?

Eric Pisch said...

just turned 19 and a typical teenage chav boy racer twat, went to look at a car with a mate at an independent garage late at night, some how my mate set a car alarm off so we scarpered

unfortunately there was a rozzer in an unmarked metro watching us who set off after us (no blue lights or sirens), i did not know there was a hand signal to pull over so i assumed he wanted a race :roll: 15 minutes later of tearing about like ken block and jumping red lights 3 marked rover V8s turned up and t packed me (i had pretty much stopped when the marked cars turned up) infront of a pub in bexley heath high street much to the amusement of the patrons

the list of offenses on the several pages of hand typed charge sheet i got added up to about 38 points 8)

pleaded being a total twat to the magistrate but pointed out if the original copper had used his blue lights i would have stopped straight away and i was in fear of my life, the copper didn't have a sensible answer for not using his lights

CD10 4 points and £100 fine :cry:

the whole thing was very Sweeney thou :D

This is definitely a story that really happened. It seems so plausible.

--

I often drive for a road travel

He forgot to mention Elvis riding past on Shergar.

IN answer to the ?/?. No not personaly and probably yes as she was from Essex. :D

As she rightly pointed out, I may well get the bat off him but he may then shoot or stab me. :shock:

No, my boss was a 10 stone 5 foot 6 gay chap. In a fight I reckon Dani would have won.

Also, I am Scottish and all Scottish people fight exactly like Begbie from Trainspotting so I am sure it would have ended well. :oops:;)

Daddydadbo said...

Also, I am Scottish and all Scottish people fight exactly like Mel Gibson from Braveheart so I am sure it would have ended well. :oops:;)

Corrected
Sorry couldn't resist ;)

Updated November 25, 2012 at 11:09 AM

zedleg said...

Eric Pisch said...

just turned 19 and a typical teenage chav boy racer twat, went to look at a car with a mate at an independent garage late at night, some how my mate set a car alarm off so we scarpered

unfortunately there was a rozzer in an unmarked metro watching us who set off after us (no blue lights or sirens), i did not know there was a hand signal to pull over so i assumed he wanted a race :roll: 15 minutes later of tearing about like ken block and jumping red lights 3 marked rover V8s turned up and t packed me (i had pretty much stopped when the marked cars turned up) infront of a pub in bexley heath high street much to the amusement of the patrons

the list of offenses on the several pages of hand typed charge sheet i got added up to about 38 points 8)

pleaded being a total twat to the magistrate but pointed out if the original copper had used his blue lights i would have stopped straight away and i was in fear of my life, the copper didn't have a sensible answer for not using his lights

CD10 4 points and £100 fine :cry:

the whole thing was very Sweeney thou :D

This is definitely a story that really happened. It seems so plausible.

100% believable, in fact I think he might even be playing down certain aspects of that whole event.

p7ulg said...

Daddydadbo said...

Also, I am Scottish and all Scottish people fight exactly like Mel Gibson from Braveheart so I am sure it would have ended well. :oops:;)

Corrected
Sorry couldn't resist ;)

Och aye, g'day mate. :D (need a smilie with a saltire on it)

Daddydadbo said...

p7ulg said...

Daddydadbo said...

Corrected
Sorry couldn't resist ;)

Och aye, g'day mate. :D (need a smilie with a saltire on it)

You mean Mel Gibson is not really scottish:oops:;)

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular