Forums > General > Does the Alfa 166 have OBD2?

DOES THE ALFA 166 HAVE OBD2?
Previous | 1 | Next

Hi!My friend just imported an 2000 model year Alfa 166 diesel manual(I'm not so familiar with Alfa).To get the license in my country, he has to pass all of the emission tests. One of the very cruel rule is that the car must have a OBD2 connector. Does anyone know if this car has it or not? Thanks a lot!

--

Alpina B10 Touring 017

I've got a feeling it may have the special Alfa port - it's not OBD2, it needs special software like alfadiag or alfaobd to read it. EU requirements for OBD2 didn't come in until 2001 for petrol, 2004 for diesel and I don't think Alfa adopted it until required to.

Does it need to be standard OBD2, or can you get away with showing it has on-board diagnostics via an accessible port and you can read fault codes, etc? If it's the latter you should be OK.

alfaowner.com may be a better place to ask.

Updated November 23, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Thanks a lot! Yea, I remember we don't have OBD2 on e39 until 2001.Our DMV officer said we have to have that port or they can't do the emission test. I know there are some cables to transfer the original port to OBD2, but I'm not sure if the DMV will allow. Anyway, thanks!

--

Alpina B10 Touring 017

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular