Forums > General > Benchmark Question - Drivers Side Lower Panel Storage

BENCHMARK QUESTION - DRIVERS SIDE LOWER PANEL STORAGE
Previous | 12 | Next

Anyone got a new / newish car that has stowage in the drivers side lower panel, ie the trim panel underneath the steering wheel where your knees are ?

If so, what make, model, year etc...

I don't think so, but I'll check and confirm later.

I discovered yesterday that I do have a storage drawer built into the front passenger seat. I've only had the car 2 years. :oops:

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

My E60 has an open tray there, stuffed with a microfibre for cleaning the screen. E46 BMWs had a lidded compartment which was much more useful.

Ta, I'm particulary interested in storage around the area where your knees would hit during an impact.

a mk2 golf has a handly little shelf and a compartment to put your owners handbook :lol:

oh, not exactly newish ;)

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Freelander has :).

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

My Peugeot 407 had a sizable storage cubby there. I used to use it for the sat nav ( or space b1tch as she became known) It was over to the right hand side closer to the door. There was also an airbag down there which stopped my legs being broken ... which was nice

You mean like most VAG stuff has below the headlight switch (by the driver's right knee on RHD), or directly below the steering column?

Ideally right under the column, so either side of it your knees would smack it under impact.

Lots of cars now come with knee airbags to give additional NCAP points but also to prevent your knee from smacking the huge EPAS motor modern cars are getting.

I'm looking at managing the load within the panel, ribs, fracture initiators etc within the panel itself but the car I'm working on has lower storage in the features list so sort of limits what I can do.

Mito's have a coin holder by your right knee and a knee airbag. I wouldn't call it a stowage space though.

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

Mike Rainbird said...

Freelander has :).

http://www.netcarshow.com/land_rover/2011-freelander_2/1600x1200/wallpaper_21.htm

Looks like a knee airbag in this pic, you got a open storage or hinged door then ?

It's a 2001 model.....

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

I do: VW, Scirocco, 2011.

--

3 - 2 - 1 - Go.................

Mike Rainbird said...

It's a 2001 model.....

Did you not read the new car part ? ;)

Just checked and there's a deepish drawer underneath the light switch. You can see the recessed handle in this picture. It's right by the knee.

MY2010 Skoda Octavia, BTW.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

_Mick_N said...

Mike Rainbird said...

It's a 2001 model.....

Did you not read the new car part ? ;)

:oops: :lol:

--

JL said...

:P

Get other people to do the donkey work to make my life easier, cannot blame me can you :D

Updated November 22, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Hell no :lol:

So basically every car seems to have one. Just go out to the car park and look, lazy arse.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular