Forums > Geeks corner > File recovery

FILE RECOVERY
Previous | 1 | Next

What are people using for file recovery these days? The MIL has managed to delete her entire My Documents folder :roll:

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

Restore from scheduled back up. Oh, doesn't she have one...?

There cannot be a single more infuriating response to hear, or a more smug one to give, then to hear/say something about backups when you/someone else has lost all their stuff :lol:

Backups are fine until the person the 71 year old woman has been conned into giving access to the computer deletes them and everything else on there.

--

Cut the plug off & install one of those emergency red cord pull things.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Recuva from Piriform is good for restoring the occasionally deleted file.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

JL said...

There cannot be a single more infuriating response to hear, or a more smug one to give, then to hear/say something about backups when you/someone else has lost all their stuff :lol:

Really? Excellent bullseye hit on the first reply 8)

DeskJockey said...

Recuva from Piriform is good for restoring the occasionally deleted file.

+1

There are portable versions about

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

Cheers fellas. I'll give it a go.

--

NotoriousREV said...

Backups are fine until the person the 71 year old woman has been conned into giving access to the computer deletes them and everything else on there.

Cnuts the lot of them, we were pestered several times a day until we started screwing around with them.

Carl.

here is a cool tool you can try to recover lost files, and i tried a few times (but but..the free version only can detect not recover, so think twice before using it,lol). hit me if you still want to know...

Updated December 19, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular