Forums > Moaning forum > Leicester

LEICESTER
Previous | 123 | Next

Jesus what a f**king dump :shock:

Last time I visited was 5 years ago and I don't recall it being that bad.

_Mick_N said...

Jesus what a f**king dump :shock:

Last time I visited was 5 years ago and I don't recall it being that bad.

Same here. Isn't white British a minority in there now?

This coming from a man from Brum - what's the opposite of praise from Caesar? ;)

Mind you I think much the same of the Chatham side of Rochester every time I'm there. It just seem to get rougher and rougher. Either that or I'm just noticing it more now that I live 'in the sticks'.

Ok I lived in Brum and some of Dad and his parents were from Brum but as a kid I was raised in Meriden, which is more Cov I suppose :)

Anyway had to take the nipper to the Hospital to get checked over by his surgeon and decided to also visit a tackle shop I've been too before and the whole area represented a dump. Worse than Small Heath and the like in Birmingham which 30 years ago was a nice area not the slum it is now. Talk about bringing an area down.

I thought this country prided itself on racial integration, segregation more like.

3 million additional immigrants in just a few years had to go somewhere you know !

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

Leicester isn't great, but some parts of Leicestershire are lovely. Some of the best rolling hills and villages in the land IME.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

_Mick_N said...

I thought this country prided itself on racial integration, segregation more like.

Mick is correct. Though it's hardly imposed on immigrants; those who move to Leicester, Bradford etc seem to choose it.

ETA: Duncs is correct too. Very pretty county generally.

Updated November 22, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Have to agree. Born and bred in Leicester although I have lived in many parts of the U.K. I have been back in Leicester for the last 15 years, you really have to go at least 5-7 miles from the city centre to reach normality.

Updated November 22, 2012 at 8:36 AM

My old HO was there. I was once driving past the Tigers ground to try and beat the rush to get home to Scotland on a Friday evening and noticed a big bloke get out his car a few behind me and walk up towards mine looking intently at my car.

Being a massive 11 stone I readied myself to open the dorr into him then run away screaming when he tapped, smiled and as I tentatively wound the window down said "You've got a flat mate" :shock:

I then spent 2 hours waiting on mobile fitter but the roads were so bad I hadn't realised the tyre was flat and could have had an accident when hitting a 50 zone.

Other than that Leicester was pretty grotty although I lived in East London and it was nicer than that!

exiges said...

3 million additional immigrants in just a few years had to go somewhere you know !

I was unfortunate enough to visit Luton 2 months ago. I think A LOT of them went there..

Alex88 said...

exiges said...

I was unfortunate enough to visit Luton 2 months ago. I think A LOT of them went there..

Slough FTL.

--

This ^

Alex88 said...

No, they've always been there.

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

_Mick_N said...

some of Dad and his parents were from Brum

Where is the rest of him from?

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Agreed Leicester and Luton are dumps, but they're Shangrila compared to Hull.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

God I recently visited the sh1thole that is the midlands. Dads BMW M5 that he was going to purchase was in Chester. We took the long route to do some sightseeing. On the way up we went to see Leicester, rough as fvck, then Nottingham (surprisingly nice). Then Chester (also quite nice but only because of the quirky buildings, the population was just OAP's and chavs. Got the car, came back via Birmingham (was really wishing the cars we were in were armoured).
What a sh1thole, high rise concrete towers, loads of tunnels, all grey, dodgy guys in hoodies everywhere. Fvck me there are some sh1t places in England. Makes the bad areas of London look nice.

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

Nottingham's a dump too.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

I went to Leicester once. Ugh.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

I like very few cities.

In fact other than York and Barcelona I'm struggling.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Mark BT52 said...

I like very few cities.

In fact other than York and Barcelona I'm struggling.

If that's the best you can do, you need to travel more!;)

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

I regularly work in Leicester. I also went to uni in Leicester. I think I must be in the minority ( wait for it ! ) that actually don't mind the place.

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular