Forums > General > Chris Harris on Hot Hatchs (Focus ST)

CHRIS HARRIS ON HOT HATCHS (FOCUS ST)
Previous | 123 | Next

Hot Hatchback Showdown - CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS.

Updated November 21, 2012 at 8:10 PM

dragged on a fair bit

ford looks bloody horrible, and who wants a car that's just nice??, vxr looks good

but at this money i would get the bmw

Updated November 21, 2012 at 8:30 PM

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

135i money non?

I do need to scratch the RS itch though, maybe an r26.

Eric Pisch said...

ford looks bloody horrible, and who wants a car that's just nice??, vxr looks good

None of them are oil paintings, and the ford isn't 'just nice' - if you actually paid attention, with the exception of the steering you'd realise he was praising it for being the most competent all round car. Especially in the real world where not every road is smooth as silk and when you don't want to be in MAXIMUM ATTACK mode all the time.

I can't believe you misinterpreted that so badly. Oh wait, yes I can :lol:

I tend to agree with you on the 135 though - although doubtless you'd need to spend a bit more than £28k to match the spec levels of the hatches.

I'm more amazed that Vauxhall have made a hot hatch that isn't fundamentally flawed in some manner - whomever lead the design on that needs to be let loose on the rest of their range, I'd say.

I've said before the Corsa VXR is a cracking little car, they are getting better

Beany said...

Eric Pisch said...

None of them are oil paintings, and the ford isn't 'just nice' - if you actually paid attention, with the exception of the steering you'd realise he was praising it for being the most competent all round car. Especially in the real world where not every road is smooth as silk and when you don't want to be in MAXIMUM ATTACK mode all the time.

I can't believe you misinterpreted that so badly. Oh wait, yes I can :lol:

I tend to agree with you on the 135 though - although doubtless you'd need to spend a bit more than £28k to match the spec levels of the hatches.

I'm more amazed that Vauxhall have made a hot hatch that isn't fundamentally flawed in some manner - whomever lead the design on that needs to be let loose on the rest of their range, I'd say.

monkey made the st sound like a boring old mans car, but as he pointed out its not the RS model, does not matter thou its so bloody horrible to look at

--

WIBBLE

_Mick_N said...

I've said before the Corsa VXR is a cracking little car, they are getting better

as an avid vauxhall hater i would take the VXR out of those 3 :shock:

--

WIBBLE

Megane for me but the m135 is just so close I'd rather wait a year and get the BMW

--

For sure

_Mick_N said...

Available to lease at £160 p/month !

N said...

_Mick_N said...

Available to lease at £160 p/month !

Really?

--

Strong Broo Racing

Link please ?

Eric Pisch said...

_Mick_N said...

You just said you'd take the BMW a few posts above!

You're a crapper troll than me!

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Ohhh, more Audi RS3 bashing....Eric won't be happy :lol:

Good Harris vid. Nicole's older sister and the Ashtray look much better than the fish faced fock-eye.

The Focus is definitely not a looker, wheels seemed strangely small (for the type of car it is) and it just looks a bit bland, like it's the 1.8 shopping version.

I like the looks of the Astra but they are all simply too much cash next to the M135i.

--

Clio 182/Spazda MX-5/Honda CRF450R/VFR400

Mito Man said...

Eric Pisch said...

_Mick_N said...

You just said you'd take the BMW a few posts above!

You're a crapper troll than me!

i should of explained myself better, 30k of my money would go on the BMW (apparently you can get 10% off as well), if i had to pick one of the 3 in the group test i would take the VXR, mostly because it looks so good

in battle dress it looks amazing

of course the reality is for the FWD cars when driven by me is that in the wet (and most of the time in the dry) it will be constant torque steer, wheel spin and traction control killing the power (i have driven the megane)

Updated November 22, 2012 at 4:10 AM

--

WIBBLE

Eric does that mean you go everywhere with your foot MASHED in to the floor with the TC light flashing. Is this another reason why you only buy 4 wd cars?

--

For sure

Ron Burgundy said...

Eric does that mean you go everywhere with your foot MASHED in to the floor with the TC light flashing. Is this another reason why you only buy 4 wd cars?

correct, well except with 4WD the TC doesn't come on, why compromise acceleration for the limitations of FWD

i would point out that if i had the money and the space for a second car i would have a RWD weekend / track toy in a heartbeat, passed a white 1M on the M20 on monday, it looked so damn good, i did close to buying one, still wonder if i should have, but i suspect i would stuff it or have to crawl around in weather like this, im not a very good fast driver

Updated November 22, 2012 at 7:12 AM

--

WIBBLE

Beany said...

although doubtless you'd need to spend a bit more than £28k to match the spec levels of the hatches.

You'd be surprised Beanz, I was on the BMW configurator the other day looking at them (dunno why, I can't afford one!), and they come with pretty much everything you would want as standard. You wouldn't need to spend much more than £30k (which I accept is more than £28k, but you get what I mean, no need to raid the options list).

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Out of the three, I think I'd have the Megane. The ST isn't exactly a looker but black suits it much better.

But, I'd rather have the 135i, or a used 1M in a few years.

i can't see any reasone for which a normal person would buy that ST. it is 5hite from front to back.

from the 3 presented in the video, i would consider the rs megane but, with that money, you could(and should) buy a faster, better and more fun sports car(30k) - admittedly, not brand new ones but low mileage 2-3 year old ones; you have to be really deranged to buy a 30k focus(or ford).:roll:

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular