Forums > Moaning forum > Lazy addressers

LAZY ADDRESSERS
Previous | 12 | Next

mr l azy-ass
flat 12b some road
somewhere
sometown
po123dx

Why are people too lazy to type their own name and address properly? Amazon buyers, I'm looking at you. :evil:

--

Tim

Toyota. Flat Cap. Grey Slacks. Slipons. Slower than everyone.

I always do that. Don't think it makes a difference?

Ever since iPhones and iPads I let the autocorrect do it. When I want to order something on my computer pressin shift is a bitch!

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Yes that is annoying!

Ian (middle name Duncan) Smith's staff never put which office they wanted deliveries sent to and were always amazed when one phoned to check. Tosspot!

I don't think I understand this moan.

--

Cheers

Rich

I think it's a gripe about a lack of redundant capitalisation.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

The rise of the mobile device :( they are taking over :lol:

Even worse is people who supply their old address & then complain they never received their stuff!

;)

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Gwaredd said...

Even worse is people who supply their old address & then complain they never received their stuff!

;)

Don't get me started on suppliers who assume a 5 year old address is still valid! :lol:

--

Tim

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Lack of capitalisation bugs the life out of me, even on text messages.

carlos said...

The rise of the mobile device :(

That is no excuse.

Yep, why is it so impossible to use capital letters and punctuation on a mobile device!? People that actually have real jobs as well.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Can you understand the address?

Yes : Treat it as if addressed in crayon and BLOCK CAPS, but deliver anyway

No : Contact addresser

Then move on to more important things in life. Such as: What is for tea? Why does my heated seat make my bum itch? etc.

Updated November 21, 2012 at 3:15 PM

--

Since house/flat number and postcode is all you need for a unique address what does it matter?

Personally think that " 1, AB1 2CD " should be the format of address that we use these days.

Updated November 21, 2012 at 3:38 PM

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 320d MSport

Mark BT52 said...

Since house/flat number and postcode is all you need for a unique address what does it matter?

Personally think that " 1, AB1 2CD " should be the format of address that we use these days.

Would maybe work in cities but small towns and villages quite often have names rather than numbers.

Daddydadbo said...

Mark BT52 said...

Would maybe work in cities but small towns and villages quite often have names rather than numbers.

Okay, number/name and postcode then...

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 320d MSport

MBT52IC

--

Tim, do you even have to type/write out the address? Surely it's just a case of pressing print and job done?

--

Cheers

Rich

Mark BT52 said...

That has no redundancy and therefore too much scope for delivering your post to the same numbered house a few streets away.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Rich B said...

Tim, do you even have to type/write out the address? Surely it's just a case of pressing print and job done?

Yes, but only because this lazy assed shizzle makes my OCD flicker like a badly pirated movie.

I *could* connect our Amazon Merchant account to our accounting, order processing and courier systems. But, it would mean invoices and shipping labels getting printed out with that badly formatted style. Our web site is connected to a PAF database so the plebians are not required to type their own address, only postcode (which gets automatically formatted properly) and selecting house name/number from a list.

It would drive me nuts, operating in a space where a bob-on first impression is worth a lot of repeat business.

I fully understand this is largely my "problem".

But it still irks me that people are so jeffing lazy.

--

Tim

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular