Forums > General > FAO the attention of Star Wars people

FAO THE ATTENTION OF STAR WARS PEOPLE
Previous | 12 | Next

Please grab a tin of green paint & seat yourself next to a light switch:

I recently let my kids watch the Star Wars films & because I thought if was the friendliest (from memory) I let them watch Return of the Jedi first.

Pleased to say they became instant fans & pleaded to watch the rest, so over the last few weekends we sat & watched Episode 4 & then The Empire Strikes back.

Now they are asking to watch the prequel films, but a quick scan reveals them to be a bit darker than the originals - especially the last one. Am I right in thinking this?

Also, WHEN THE SUFFERING FVCK COULD R2D2 FLY?

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

1&2 are boring. They may get bored. They might like JarJar. They will like the Pod Race.
3 is mildly darker, but kids may not notice. Maybe watch it yourself first? I seem to remember it mostly being the better of the 3, but I have no desire to re-watch any of them.

DYu will probably be along to disagree shortly.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Gwaredd said...

Now they are asking to watch the prequel films, but a quick scan reveals them to be a bit darker than the originals - especially the last one. Am I right in thinking this?

Yep, I asked the same thing about R2-D2 lifting off like that? How? Why?

I'd say the prequel films are a touch darker than the originals, especially when Anakin goes postal amongst the sand tribe in Attack of the Clones. Let them watch it, but warn them about the twonk that is Jar-Jar Binks:evil:

Glad to hear that you children have become fans8)

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

I watched 1 & 2 with my 4 and half year old daughter. She loved them. We are going to skip revenge of the Sith and go to A New Hope.

We read an anual so she knows ANakin turned Bad and got his legs chopped off by Obi wan but I will wait a year or two as she may well cry.

My wife walked in on her lying in bed with her hands and legs in the air and a look of intense concenntration on her face,

wife "what are you doing darling?"

Daughter " using the force to move my bed"

Brilliant! :D

How old are your kids??

I let my 5 year old son watch Episode 1 and he started to want to hit everything like he had a light sabre :roll:.

My daughter watched them when she was 7 and loved them all.

Episode 3 is darker than the rest. But if you watch it with them, things should be OK. The only part that is quite disturbing is near the end when Anakin starts to burn.

--

Nuts on the road

And Padme dying during a difficult birth!

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

For me, the most horrifying thing in the prequels is Hayden Christensen's "acting".

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Having recently re-watched them all on ITV over the last coupe of months, the thing that struck me most is how much weigh Anakin put on from the end of ep 3 to the end of ep6. Really fat in the face ;)

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

Delphi said...

For me, the most horrifying thing in the prequels is Hayden Christensen's "acting".

this times 100

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Gwaredd said...

he flys all the time in clone wars

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

NotoriousREV said...

Having recently re-watched them all on ITV over the last coupe of months, the thing that struck me most is how much weigh Anakin put on from the end of ep 3 to the end of ep6. Really fat in the face ;)

Are you referring to the original ep6?
They updated it with Hayden Christensen later.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

The joke <----------------------------------------------> Mark :lol:

Ah...:oops:

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Only the 'ghosty' end sequence IIRC.

1-3 were all utter, utter dross. Crap acting, terrible CGI (makes the model work in 4-6 all the more amazing in comparison), unintelligible plot. It would be a kindness to never show them to your kids.

Oh and it also upsets me when people refer to SW3 as 'dark', the Cohen Brothers stuff is dark, not a loony toon George Lucas piece of crap.

Just Jon Innit said...

1-3 were all utter, utter dross. Crap acting, terrible CGI (makes the model work in 4-6 all the more amazing in comparison), unintelligible plot. It would be a kindness to never show them to your kids.

Utterly disagree with regard to 3, quite possibly the 2nd best of all of them (that includes the original 3).

Just Jon Innit said...

To be fair, as a kid I never really considered that the originals had much of a plot. It was a film with fighting, space ships and robots.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

Indeed Rev, if you watch them now without the rose tints the originals really are quite poor.

I've heard of people showing them to their kids in the order of 4,5,6 then 1,2,3, but never, 6,4,5 before. :lol:

I did it the way the Maker intended, 1-6, in like, you know, numerical order and my eldest daughter loves them.

3 is definitely the darkest of all 6, what with the previous hero turning against all his friends, slaughtering kids and getting all his arms and legs cut off before being burned alive in lava and all. ;)
This is even more disturbing when you've previously been cheering him on in several series of the Clone Wars cartoons.

So I let my daughter watch Ep 1 when she was about 5, but waited until she was 6 before episode 3, then the rest.

I'm all for Disney putting their money behind Episodes 7-9, but it will be weird not seeing and hearing the 20th Century Fox logo and fanfare before the movie starts. They're not going to impose Cinderella's castle on us, are they? :?

Updated November 21, 2012 at 1:08 PM

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

Just Jon Innit said...

I believe Hayden's eyes and eyebrows were also used in the earlier scene with Vader's helmet removed.

--

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular