Forums > General > Stupid Features

STUPID FEATURES
Previous | 12345 | Next

On the Tiguan when the lights are on and the speed under 30mph or so when you indicate the corresponding fog lamp illuminates. Apparently aids vision when turning in to side roads for example. Piss off other drivers more like.

Yep, the Leon I have currently does it. It does it when you apply a certain amount of lock too.

I can honestly say, the only time I've noticed it doing it is when I've seen the reflection in something, not from any additional light it's supposedly casting.

My old 1992 Toyota Soarer used to do it too :lol:

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

I actually really like my cornering lights on the Clio. But they're proper lights that shine out the side of the headlamp unit, so oncoming traffic can't see it, and they genuinely light up the bits to the side very well. :)

My Bravo has cornering lamps, feels odd like some one is coming around you, luckily can turn off on the menu.
Don't seem to have any useful effect?

i hate those stupid one sided foglight things. i'm surprised theyre legal as all front lights are supposed to be symmetrical, and you're only supposed to use foglights when vision is severely restricted.

isn't there a way to turn them off burried somewhere?

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Golf's have an in-built bottle opener - never understood why

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

NotoriousREV said...

Yep, the Leon I have currently does it. It does it when you apply a certain amount of lock too.

I can honestly say, the only time I've noticed it doing it is when I've seen the reflection in something, not from any additional light it's supposedly casting.

My old 1992 Toyota Soarer used to do it too :lol:

Our Leon (it turns out) does this. I thought one of the front fogs was out after noticing one was on when Hannah was following me in it.

The front grille has active vents which I am sure in the scheme of things will do bugger all.

Updated November 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

integrale_evo said...

i hate those stupid one sided foglight things. i'm surprised theyre legal as all front lights are supposed to be symmetrical, and you're only supposed to use foglights when vision is severely restricted.

I don't think the footlights go to full power, I'm pretty sure they're dual filament.

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

integrale_evo said...

It bugs me that they stay on for a while afterwards as well. Or at least they do on Mercs.

NotoriousREV said...

Your Disco3 does it too - the adaptive lights have additional bulbs for this built into the light units (can't remember what they are called) as opposed to it activating the fog lights.

I think they are very good personally - react below a certain speed (20mph?) when you indicate. This lights the way before you apply lock (at which point the steering-xenons do a better job).

8)

Dinny_G said...

that baffled me the first time i realised the can divider came out and opened bottles !!!

on my car, the temp control dial is very odd, you have to twist it once for each .5 degree you want!! its carp ..

Updated November 21, 2012 at 5:32 AM

--

WIBBLE

mik said...

NotoriousREV said...

Your Disco3 does it too - the adaptive lights have additional bulbs for this built into the light units (can't remember what they are called) as opposed to it activating the fog lights.

I think they are very good personally - react below a certain speed (20mph?) when you indicate. This lights the way before you apply lock (at which point the steering-xenons do a better job).

8)

Incorrect McMik. Our HSE, being an early one, doesn't have the active lights. Just normal HIDs.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

It's also got adaptive headlamps but I know they are working, and they do seem to do their job pretty well.

It's only since the clocks went back that I've been able to really notice the dynamic headlights on my 545 working. I've never been overly concerned about lights pointing round bends before so I don't think I'd ever count it as a must-have but it's fairly inoccuous in operation.

Eric Pisch said...

Dinny_G said...

that baffled me the first time i realised the can divider came out and opened bottles !!!

on my car, the temp control dial is very odd, you have to twist it once for each .5 degree you want!! its carp ..

I think thats just an Audi thing. My dad's old TT had exactly the same thing

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

The fog light idea sounds a bit lame, but as Mik says, the adaptive bi-xenon lights on the Disco3 are teh awsumz. Separate headlight bulb facing at 45 degrees(ish) comes on when indicating and/or turning a certain amount, and the main projector lamp swivels too.

We call them Bendy Lights 8)

--

Gloucestershire Wedding Photography
Family Portraits Cheltenham

integrale_evo said...

They're not foglights. They're driving lights, like all the BMW Mini drivers used to get pulled over for.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Holy thread copy!;)

Yep, the rear view mirror in the Exige. Although I have since found that it does reveal slightly more of the passenger side blind spot when agled correctly.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Caymans and Boxsters are fitted with the same seats as 911s which have electric reclining as standard. Trouble is there's nowhere to recline them to as the engine is correctly positioned... I know, I know, economies of scale and profit; talking of which, they will sell you lightweight fixed back seats at around £3k. Nice work boys ;-)

--

PaulJ

PaulJ said...

Caymans and Boxsters are fitted with the same seats as 911s which have electric reclining as standard. Trouble is there's nowhere to recline them to as the engine is correctly positioned... I know, I know, economies of scale and profit; talking of which, they will sell you lightweight fixed back seats at around £3k. Nice work boys ;-)

Having adjustable backrest angle is quite important. Having the ability to flip the backrests forward less so... Though that is useful for getting to the engine ;)

Previous | 12345 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular