Previous | 1 | Next

Another super fast polestar car that you cant buy

S60 v M3 v RS4

would be interesting to know how they tamed the haldex

Updated November 20, 2012 at 5:01 AM

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

It's very nice and sounds fantastic but surely the S60 is more of a rival for the M5 and E63 AMG considering its size?

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

djchocice said...

It's very nice and sounds fantastic but surely the S60 is more of a rival for the M5 and E63 AMG considering its size?

Nah you're thinking about the S80 (The s60 is definately 3 Series, A4 size - if not a little smaller)

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Dinny_G said...

djchocice said...

Nah you're thinking about the S80 (The s60 is definately 3 Series, A4 size - if not a little smaller)

I thought the S40 was the rival for the 3 series, then again I don't pay a particularly great amount of attention to Volvo's model range nowadays, a little ignorant on my part I guess because Volvo's cars are to my eyes far better looking that BMW and Audi's offerings.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

djchocice said...

Dinny_G said...

djchocice said...

I thought the S40 was the rival for the 3 series, then again I don't pay a particularly great amount of attention to Volvo's model range nowadays, a little ignorant on my part I guess because Volvo's cars are to my eyes far better looking that BMW and Audi's offerings.

It used to be but Volvo's line up is quite weird. The S40 is now more Golf/Focus/Octavia competitor.

I like the idea from Polestar but costs :shock:

I like that, sounds a bit like an old Skyline R34.

Carl.

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

djchocice said...

Dinny_G said...

djchocice said...

It used to be but Volvo's line up is quite weird. The S40 is now more Golf/Focus/Octavia competitor.

I like the idea from Polestar but costs :shock:

Seems I'm quite out of touch with Volvo then. Are they not making the C30 anymore then seeing as that car was the Golf competitor? There has always been something oddly appealing about the C30R, must be that it's quite understated compared to other hot hatches of late.

--

I'm confused now then. I thought:

C30 = Golf, 1'er
S40/V50 = 3 Series/C Class/A4
S60/V70 = 5 Series/E Class/A6

:?

--

This ^

Dr Carlos said...

I like that, sounds a bit like an old Skyline R34.

Carl.

This. Strange that such a noise is coming from a Volvo, even if it is a Polestar. I love it, shame it wont be made.

Many Volvos have made great noises over the years. My mate just bought a Volvo V70 D5 & took me up the road in it the other day.

Lovely car, but on start-up the noise was old school diesel rattle & the vibration was terrible compared to my old 530D. Would put anyone unsure of converting to a derv off straight away.

Once on the move however, I defy anyone to distinguish the engine note of the T5 & the D5. From the cabin they sounded identical to me. It went really well too. Very surprising!

Be interesting to see if that Polestar S60 make it into evo or on Top Gear at any point.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

My parents had an 850 2.5 5-pot - sounded full awesome, whilst driving it I WAS Hannu Mikkola, but faster and stuff probably.

240PP said...

I'm confused now then. I thought:

C30 = Golf, 1'er
S40/V50 = 3 Series/C Class/A4
S60/V70 = 5 Series/E Class/A6

:?

The S40/V50 were based on the Focus (as was the C30) and not really a 3-series competitor.

Old S60/V70 were based on the same platform as the S80 so not small, but the new S60 is a saloon version of the V60, which slots in below the V70. So it's the proper 3-series rival. There's no S40 now but there is a V40, which is effectively a 5dr replacement for S40/V50 and is Golf sized. The C30 soldiers on.

I'd happily have that Polestar one in black. Total Q-car as nobody would be any the wiser...

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

I may have missed it, but does anyone know the name of that circuit. Looks pretty neat8)

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Göteborg (or Gothenburg) City Arena.

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

pilouil said...

Göteborg (or Gothenburg) City Arena.

Tack

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

DeskJockey said...

I'd happily have that Polestar one in black. Total Q-car as nobody would be any the wiser...

its very much my kind of car

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular