Forums > General > Spotted for Sale

SPOTTED FOR SALE
Previous | 1 | Next

Looked in A1 condition too, but nearly 14k :shock: Dave will be pleased.

Whats the deal with the badge? E500 or 500E?

--

Cheers

Rich

Looks correct to me - it changed from the 500E to the E500 at the same time as the rest of the range went from xxxE to Exxx. I think.

looks stunning

The Alvis Owners Club have a pretty open policy of acceptance :lol:

Merc looks pretty lovely though 8)

Cheers, Rich

--

having sex with three hookers at once and getting your mother to watch a video of it to score you on technique afterwards

The more modern cars disappoint me with their lack of build quality, the more something like a "special" (in a good way) W124 or E34 appeals.

Updated November 19, 2012 at 7:27 AM

JL said...

Looks correct to me - it changed from the 500E to the E500 at the same time as the rest of the range went from xxxE to Exxx. I think.

I'm wrong here, unless the car is a '94 or newer but on a '91 plate. Looks like 1994 when the naming convention changed.

Hold on - what's this crazy talk of a 6.0 and 6.5?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W124 - scroll down to Engines.

edit - Brabus - click. WANT.

Updated November 19, 2012 at 7:32 AM

JL said...

JL said...

I'm wrong here, unless the car is a '94 or newer but on a '91 plate. Looks like 1994 when the naming convention changed.

Potential incorrect badging. It's worthless...!

--

Cheers

Rich

JL said...

JL said...

1994 model cars were sold from some point in 1993 and a J plate could be up to July 1992, but there's still a year or so gap. However, the front end is post-facelift which should mean E500. Plate doesn't look like it's a private reg so weird; has somebody facelifted it themselves by fitting the later bonnet etc or was the age wrongly declared when it was imported?

ETA: Mycarcheck says it's an E500 (Dave's correctly comes up as a 500E), DVLA check says it was registered here in 1997 and that it was built in 1992. Something fishy, though bear in mind that the declaration of name is down to whoever imports it, so it's not taken from anything official. The other 500E for sale on Auto Trader (a 1993/K car) just comes up as a Mercedes and no model.

Updated November 19, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Lots of the far superior ;) 500e models were given facelifted bonnets as it's a straight swap. Personally I think it gives the car a more feminine look and prefer the larger earlier grill.

It does look like a very tidy car though and they will always hold their value.

The earlier cars had about 6 more hp but this is just a small chip module swap if you wanted the extra and they also had a stronger block which can be sleeved for anything up to a 6.5 litre conversion. The later cars generally had a better spec though and more toys.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

An old BMW I like

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular