Forums > General > Stock car racing...

STOCK CAR RACING...
Previous | 1 | Next

I took my little boy to watch stock car racing today. First time for me and I quite enjoyed it as it goes.
Formula 1 it ain't but I liked it's down to earth charm! Different way to spend a Sunday afternoon, and my little 'un loved it.

I went to Warton stock car club a few summers back and really enjoyed that.

Several things let it down though, the "parades" round after each race, Elvis was doing the commentary and had no sense of humour, the safety was non existent - lots of boy racing in the "paddock" and cutting/welding with no protection.

It really was the gypsie world of racing with the worst of America thrown in. With a bit of organisation and some basic safety it'd be a winner on the telly. Destruction derby was novel too :twisted:

Orange Cola said...

... the safety was non existent - lots of boy racing in the "paddock" and cutting/welding with no protection.

It really was the gypsie world of racing with the worst of America thrown in. With a bit of organisation and some basic safety it'd be a winner on the telly. Destruction derby was novel too :twisted:

My thoughts exactly. Heavy machinery lifting two ton cars over peoples heads, people leaping thru windscreens (glassless!) to exit their cars in the midst of motorised carnage and legging it across the track, cars driving the wrong way into oncoming traffic (with what appear to be kids in the passenger seat....angle grinders wizzing and sparking feet away from my six year old.

Quite exciting really, the air thick with the smell of fuel and rubber (and burgers and hot dogs). He blooming loved it!!

Used to goto Long Eaton years ago to watch it.

Great day out !

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

I love stock cars, I go up to Cowdenbeath to watch it all the time.

--

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular