Forums > General > Stable now full

STABLE NOW FULL
Previous | 12 | Next

Picked this up today in the glorius sunshine. My word, the heaters on these can melt your feet!!!!!!

It is a 1995 (M) 1.8 Mazda Eunos G-Ltd., imported in 2006 1 owner since in the UK.....today it is mine.

Updated November 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

--

My Glass is always half full

nice garage! :D

Is it your new day to day car, track car or just something to have a laugh in now and then at relatively normal speeds. Either way looks like a good buy.

That is my new hooning around the lanes when i get an hour at sensible speeds car. Something that is reliable (hope), fast enought and small enought to keep up with friends in various Westfileds, VX220's etc. On track i would not see which way they went such are their power levels and chassis tune but in terms of fun i am right there with them.

Rebuilt the garage earlier in the year as part of my Ferrari nesting. Still have the wood and the floor to paint and some kind of draught excluder to rig up around the up and over doors. I've some car parts to then mount on the walls as decoration.

Updated November 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

--

I'm not jealous at all!

There all bomb proof apparently

what's under the other cover ?

Ferrari Mondial T under the cover....also a blue car

--

Nice Mark 8)

heating on full whack to compensate for no rear window ....

Good buy though 8)

Odd, heater on mine was crap, one on my Roadster is uncomfortably hot though, enjoy anyway.

Zonda_ said...

Odd, heater on mine was crap, one on my Roadster is uncomfortably hot though, enjoy anyway.

Had the roof down all the way and the heater on, my tones were cooked.

Yeah rear windo blew out I was going so fast....:lol:

Updated November 18, 2012 at 9:05 PM

--

Markcoopers said...

some kind of draught excluder to rig up around the up and over doors.

That was one of my projects last winter. I balked at the price of the proper bristled strips, so made my own out of a couple of old lorry innertubes cut into long thin strips and rivetted on with washers. Does the job a treat...

Updated November 19, 2012 at 8:18 AM

--

Chief Wheel and Cake Monkey - Strong Broo Racing

Is draught-proofing the doors a good idea? I've always assumed garages need a bit of ventilation to stop the air going stale and musty, and to prevent damp.

I was going to use some plastic edging strips riveted on as a physical barrier to crud and leaves, but it will I am sure still allow some air. Good point though, so will look into that. Liking the rubber idea as well, will be wider than my plastic strips and more flexible. Got any pics I could then copy? Cheers.

Additionally there is a dehumidifier in there as well set at 50%, I was going to see for how much of the time it is on for and then adjust the environment accordingly.

Updated November 19, 2012 at 8:41 AM

--

Jobbo said...

Is draught-proofing the doors a good idea? I've always assumed garages need a bit of ventilation to stop the air going stale and musty, and to prevent damp.

It would probably be a bad idea to hermetically seal it, but it can't be a bad thing to at least slightly impede the howling gale (and associated wet leaves etc) blowing under/around the door.

My efforts were good enough to keep the inside of the garage above 3C when it was -5C outside (rear wall is warmed by being shared with a house). Makes me feel happier that I'm not ruining my quite expensive trackday tyres at least.

Mark - I was going to use a dehumidifier, by was warned that they're pretty much totally ineffective below 5C, and advised to save the 'leccy.

ETA - re: plastic strips - fine, so long as the door runs 100% true, and you can cut very very accurately. Neither is true in my case, so rubber seemed a better bet. I'll try and get a couple of pics next time I'm down at the garage. You have to remember to attach to frame/door, depending which side of the hinge you are, so the rubber bends the 'right' way are you open/close the door.

Updated November 19, 2012 at 9:21 AM

--

Chief Wheel and Cake Monkey - Strong Broo Racing

I'm inclined to do the same thing, even though I don't work in the garage like you do Neil. I have a couple of air vents in the eaves which are blocked with polystyrene currently but I could seal better round the doors and open them.

Dehumidifier is currently off as it seemed pointless given the air gaps, but was a bonus when drying out the interior of the Ferrari following the leaking sunroof issues:D

Yes strips on the doors were going to be riveted on to the metal door above the pivot point and on to the wood frame below. Already spotted that.

--

Seal it up, put in a small heater and a dehumidifier. Place some solar panels on the roof.

Feel smug that your car won't ever rust in the garage and that in 20 years time you will have paid off those solar panels 8)

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

Yep, you need a heater if you want to use a dehumidifier in the winter. IIRC dehumidifiers don't work under something like 5 Celsius.

I agree that it's not good to have a garage completely sealed off.

I've just sealed mine just well enough so that if rain lashes against the doors, water doesn't make its way in (it did before)

nefarious_ said...

Mark - I was going to use a dehumidifier, by was warned that they're pretty much totally ineffective below 5C, and advised to save the 'leccy.

Ha! Just seen this....you can buy dehumidifiers which have a built in heater too...

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular