Forums > General > FAO Mike Rainbird

FAO MIKE RAINBIRD
Previous | 12 | Next

Dickie Meaden

Anyone out there own (or have a mate who owns) a manual E90 M3 Coupe? Might need one latter half of next week for UK-based drive feature

--

Ben

I've just realised, I read that tweet completely wrong. I thought he was asking for a manual for an M3 Coupe. :lol:

--

Out of step with the forum.

The lolbirds is a saloon.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

An E90 is a saloon....

--

Ben

integrale_evo said...

Is it?

Ben__B said...

An E90 is a saloon....

Well yes, but your original quote says e90 m3 coupe, which I assume just means the e9x generation of m3, and the coupe word to specify a coupe.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

Jobbo said...

integrale_evo said...

Is it?

A black one on 19s

Nathan will be allong to confirm shortly.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

saloon indeed with very low miles.

I'm thinking of buying an edi lock and robbing it.

Just to clarify, it's an E92 M3 Coupe we're after. With a stick, not flappy paddles. Sorry my E90whatevers knowledge is sub-par :oops:
Test will involve road driving, not track driving. Possibly including an overnight stay. Location tbc, but deffo UK and most likely latter part of next week. We'll feed and water you, plus cover fuel expenses and give you a selection of images from the photo shoot. Thanks in advance for your help.

Ours is indeed a manual saloon :) :

Simon, I brought it to the karting - I thought you actually saw it :lol: ?

Updated November 19, 2012 at 12:58 PM

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

Mike Rainbird said...

I didn't walk over to it, but I did think I'd seen it. Was there a white coupe there as well or something? :lol:

Mike Rainbird said...

Jobbo was getting ready for the punch up between you two until he realised you are a nice chap :D

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

andybond said...

Mike Rainbird said...

Jobbo was getting ready for the punch up between you two until he realised you are a nice chap :D

He did allude to that when we started talking with his comment - "You're a lot nicer than I thought you would be" :lol:.

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

Yeah, but you didn't flirt back :(

Jobbo said...

You're losing your touch, Simon!

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

Jobbo said...

I wasn't sure to be offended at your initial opinion or pleased that you thought I was an okay guy :lol:.

Anyway, feeling was mutual ;).

At the end of the day, we're all just petrol-heads - GROUP HUG ;)!

--

How did the thread get so ghey? Love the M3 Mike 8) I know you hate it loads so I'll give you a tenner for it and a bag of Malteasers as I'm out of Revels?

Alex88 said...

How did the thread get so ghey? Love the M3 Mike 8) I know you hate it loads so I'll give you a tenner for it and a bag of Malteasers as I'm out of Revels?

Although with the addition of the Malteasers, your offer is way above what the car is obviously worth, I will sadly have to decline ;).

I don't HATE it, it's VERY good at what it is (which is a big heavy saloon with a nice engine). It's just that the M cars seem to have lost their way - I'm of the age where an M car meant a light-weight and/or homologation special, with sublime handling above all else. The E90 M3s are almost as heavy as the E39 M5s, which IMO is missing the point. Weight is a performance killer and so no car that alludes to performance / handling should really be above 1450kg IMO. 300kg above is taking the pish.....

--

Never driven one, but the saloon looks fabulous to me. Way nicer than the coupe for some reason. :?

Drive it to Jockland so I can have a shot. In return I'll let you have a shot of a Vauxhall. 8)

Mike Rainbird said...

Alex88 said...

Although with the addition of the Malteasers, your offer is way above what the car is obviously worth, I will sadly have to decline ;).

I don't HATE it, it's VERY good at what it is (which is a big heavy saloon with a nice engine). It's just that the M cars seem to have lost their way - I'm of the age where an M car meant a light-weight and/or homologation special, with sublime handling above all else. The E90 M3s are almost as heavy as the E39 M5s, which IMO is missing the point. Weight is a performance killer and so no car that alludes to performance / handling should really be above 1450kg IMO. 300kg above is taking the pish.....

Sounds bloody awful ;) I get what you're saying, a couple of people I've spoken to from M3 Cutters have said it's quite a different experience from E36/46 etc. One said it's not quite as "raw" which is understandable given it's weight. Very interested to see what the next M3 will be like power/weight wise.

Updated November 20, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular