Forums > General > Heart in mouth moment

HEART IN MOUTH MOMENT
Previous | 1 | Next

Drove up to see the parents last night. Left Rochester and headed for Crewe the weather was all good as we got further north the fog got worse but still nothing to worry about. Then the rain came so I adjusted my speed accordingly.

As we got on the M6 things got worse but still OK to do 70, as the traffic slowly got bunched up I ended up behind a HGV so I waited for a gap and pulled out, gently went back up to 70 and no standing water visible..... then when level with the HGV in the out side lane I hit the standing water right opposite the big blue RAC building on the M6.
Stuck between the HGV and armco I wrestled the the car left,right,left and so on, the aqua planing didn't stop.

I'll be honest now I don't know if it was me or the electronics that kept us on the road but I'd like to think it was me. The rest of the journey was taken a bit slower while my brain went over the incident again and again.

Wide tyres on wet roads don't work :(

--

For sure

On the plus side I got 34 MPG :lol:

--

For sure

Ron Burgundy said...

I'll be honest now I don't know if it was me or the electronics that kept us on the road but I'd like to think it was me.

Probably a bit of both;)

Updated November 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM

But now you know you are alive and not just existing, so celebrate and embrace life with all you can.....tomorrow might be a different ending.

--

My Glass is always half full

P7ulg your prob right my driving god thoughts have gone :lol: and mark your right!

--

For sure

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular