LEGALISED TROLLING :roll::roll::roll:

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

:roll:

They really are a special bunch.

--

Nuts on the road

If you've ever driven the 911 Turbo, then you'd know that what he was saying was true - the 996s are very "boaty" (excuse the pun ;)), so I can see where he is coming from.

It's the same with the E46 M3 compared to the E92 M3 - the E46 is not as fast, but it is more driver orientated (IMO). The E92 seems to WANT to sit at 100mph everywhere and I can easily get away with cruising at much higher speeds without she who must be obeyed noticing (because it doesn't FEEL fast, despite the speedo saying otherwise).

IMO, this is BAD, as you have to be doing much higher speeds to have fun.

I'd rather drive the Cossie (for short journeys), as it's much more a sense of occasion. Obviously for long journeys with all the family in tow, then the M3 is the far superior car, but just not as much of an adventure - and I suspect is what Dan was trying to get across :).

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

So we want cars with no sound insulation?

--

How about not having a sig at all?

first rule of being a man, more power = better

--

WIBBLE

Someone needs to tell Pistonheads that Clarkson covered deliberate nonsense controversial automotive journalism over 15 years ago.

Eric Pisch said...

Agreed! :twisted:

B_T_S

--

There's no replacement for displacement

Mito Man said...

So we want cars with no sound insulation?

My car has more sound deadening than a standard car ;) :p. However, this is still insufficient to drown out the noise of the straight cut gearbox :lol:.

I hated the 996 Turbo I drove (even with full Manthay racing KW suspension and 520bhp), so God knows what a standard car must be like :lol:.

However, I loved the completely bog standard 997 GT3 RS. I prefer my "fun" cars to be a bit more focused than an every day car. Unsurprisingly, it is horses for courses ;).

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

Eric Pisch said...

Not if that power comes with more weight, so the power to weight ratio has hardly improved :p ;).

--

996T was certainly one of the most impressive ways to go very fast very easily. Impressive does not equal fun though.

They're designed for rock solid stability on the autobahn not for B-road entertainment.

Mike Rainbird said...

If you've ever driven the 911 Turbo, then you'd know that what he was saying was true - the 996s are very "boaty" (excuse the pun ;)), so I can see where he is coming from.

It's the same with the E46 M3 compared to the E92 M3 - the E46 is not as fast, but it is more driver orientated (IMO). The E92 seems to WANT to sit at 100mph everywhere and I can easily get away with cruising at much higher speeds without she who must be obeyed noticing (because it doesn't FEEL fast, despite the speedo saying otherwise).

IMO, this is BAD, as you have to be doing much higher speeds to have fun.

I'd rather drive the Cossie (for short journeys), as it's much more a sense of occasion. Obviously for long journeys with all the family in tow, then the M3 is the far superior car, but just not as much of an adventure - and I suspect is what Dan was trying to get across :).

This is exactly my experience. I loved my E92 but was it any more fun than my E46, no and sometimes less so. To be honest I had as much fun in my WRX.

I've driven a 997 Turbo S a few times and it is insanely fast. You're already passing 150 when an average hot hatch is hitting 100 and the thing is still pulling like a train. Other than during hard acceleration it doesn't feel as fast as it's going though so it all becomes a bit pointless IMO.

I've also driven a GT3 RS 3.8 and for a fun drive it beats the Turbo hands down. Drive any distance on boring roads though and you'd rather be in the turbo as it is a very civilized place to be. A 911 Turbo Cab makes even less sense.

RobYob said...

996T was certainly one of the most impressive ways to go very fast very easily. Impressive does not equal fun though.

They're designed for rock solid stability on the autobahn not for B-road entertainment.

Wouldn't say the guys giving it some beans on the Lobethal road at Ashton that day thought that 8)

--

I'd rather be wrong than dull

Mike Rainbird said...

Eric Pisch said...

Not if that power comes with more weight, so the power to weight ratio has hardly improved :p ;).

toyota made the GT86 for men who have vaginas :twisted:

--

WIBBLE

Eric has a mangina
Eric has a mangina......

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

robinoz said...

RobYob said...

Wouldn't say the guys giving it some beans on the Lobethal road at Ashton that day thought that 8)

I'm sure they were quite bored really.8)

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular