Forums > Moaning forum > Police Crime Commissioner voting

POLICE CRIME COMMISSIONER VOTING
Previous | 12 | Next

What an utter waste of money.. advertising on TV, the radio, in the press.. Surely they all have the same policy.. Lock up the baddies.

exiges said...

What an utter waste of money.. advertising on TV, the radio, in the press.. Surely they all have the same policy.. Lock up the baddies.

Turnout was estimated at 16%. That's 6% higher than I expected.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

I'll repeat some of what I said on Facebook:

Not enough information was available on candidates or their policies or even basic beliefs. Going online to the websites we were told to use just gave me lots of "Information not provided by candidate" for my area.

Why are Police commissioners politically aligned? Ridiculous.

Many of my local candidates were people who were local councillors who didn't hold on to their positions at the last local elections.

Leave experienced coppers to run the police force and put the appropriate checks and balances in place to ensure no repeat of Hillsborough-type cover ups.

--

Out of step with the forum.

How am I supposed to vote for people with policies such as:

He said if elected he would be committed to ensuring that Cheshire Police continues to reduce not only crime statistics but also the public's fear of crime.

It's just vacuous bullshit that means nothing.

--

Out of step with the forum.

Agreed, correct on all counts.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Brilliant collection of spoilt votes

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

NotoriousREV said...

How am I supposed to vote for people with policies such as:

He said if elected he would be committed to ensuring that Cheshire Police continues to reduce not only crime statistics but also the public's fear of crime statistics.

It's just vacuous bullshit that means nothing.

EFA

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

I wasn't impressed when someone tried to burn out house down the other week. However, I do not feel that giving a politician the implied political remit to privatise the police force is the solution.

--

I think this privatised police force talk is a load of nonsense backed up by nothing.

I think the job title itself is a nonsense. Should it not be anti crime commissioner?

--

How are you doing? Is you good becos' I want to know.

One of our local candidates specifically mentioned private companies.

--

It's amazing how the country can be asked to vote for things they've not asked for, Proportional Representation, Police Chiefs, but aren't asked to vote on things they do want a voice on.. Europe.

I went to vote.

I then spoilt my ballot.

My reasoning, is that I hope it shows that I believe in democracy, and our right to vote. However, I had no idea who I wanted to win.

I have done the same thing since I was able to vote. For general elections it's my opinion that anyone who gets to the top will probably be making the same decisions anyway.

Updated November 16, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I didn't go to vote as I had no idea out of the options who would do the job best. I'd wager the vast majority of people who went to vote didn't know either. All seems pretty pointless.

One of our choices was an ex-Army chap with no obvious political aspirations, who seems like the obvious choice.

But I'm not voting because I'm having dinner somewhere nice instead.

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

I didn't vote either as I agree with Exiges' summation - they should all be trying to catch bad guys and not squander money on pointless sh!t. I don't care who does it, as long as they do what they're paid to do! :evil:

Barry said...

I didn't vote either as I agree with Exiges' summation - they should all be trying to catch bad guys and not squander money on pointless sh!t. I don't care who does it, as long as they do what they're paid to do! :evil:

Worse still, the cost of the PCC elections is estimated at £75 million ( to elect 37 people ) .. so we could have had another 1000 policemen on duty instead of spending £2m on each boss. Wonderful.

Updated November 16, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Its like they're bipolar, the people that "run" this country, they bleat about cutting spending and yet quite clearly they couldn't GAF about it when it suits them. Beggars belief it really does. :roll:

Wish I had thought to spoil my vote, feel like I've missed out!

--

Cheers,
Mike

exiges said...

Barry said...

Worse still, the cost of the PCC elections is estimated at £75 million ( to elect 37 people ) .. so we could have had another 1000 policemen on duty instead of spending £2m on each boss. Wonderful.

In Northamptonshire we had the daft money wasting situation that having spent £2m on the election then if the Labour candidate won then we'd all have to vote again because it turns out the candidate had a criminal record (and hence couldn't enter office).

PCC Candidate with Criminal Conviction :roll:

How many other ways can they come up to waste tax payer's money!?

B_T_S

--

There's no replacement for displacement

We didnt vote as it was too cold. These things should be done in summer.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular