Forums > General > Sub 1.6l driver's car

SUB 1.6L DRIVER'S CAR
Previous | 1 | Next

What is the greatest sub 1.6l drivers' car on the market? Surveying for a potential replacement car. No luxury cars though. They are extremely expensive in Singapore.

--

Cirrus58

Err, something with a motorbike engine?

the press all seem to like the suzuki swift, that's a 1.3

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

1.4 Puma? :D

Daddydadbo said...

to old for singapore

Didn't we tell you to get a bloody Swift Sport already?:roll:

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Daddydadbo said...

we don't have that here though.

The running robot

--

Cirrus58

duncs500 said...

Didn't we tell you to get a bloody Swift Sport already?:roll:

Haha, thats one top choice. Looking around to see if there are others. After all, Swift Sport is a sport car according to the government. So they will rub their hands and find ways to tax the "sports car".So better to look for an alternative, just in case.

--

Cirrus58

Mk6 Ford Fiesta (2008 onwards)

Choice of engines from 1.25, 1.4 and 1.6

the 1.25 is the best which is why its in my car :)

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

Simon_667 said...

1.25 turboed?

--

Cirrus58

Simon_667 said...

This. The 1.25 is a great engine.

--

Nuts on the road

Something with a 1.4 TSI like a Polo GTI?

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

focus69 said...

Simon_667 said...

Great in a Mk5 but so very slow in a Mk6 - believe me I did 20k in one in 12months.

N said...

focus69 said...

Simon_667 said...

Great in a Mk5 but so very slow in a Mk6 - believe me I did 20k in one in 12months.

Why's that then? Mk6 is lighter if anything? Did you have the 60hp version? As there seems to be two.

--

Cheers,
Mike

caneswell said...

N said...

focus69 said...

Simon_667 said...

Why's that then? Mk6 is lighter if anything? Did you have the 60hp version? As there seems to be two.

There were 2 different power outputs for the 1.25- 60 and 82 hp

I've got the 82 hp engine and in the Mk6 its absolutely fine. It can be slow depending on how you drive it, however this isnt the case if you rev the nuts off it. The most amazing thing is the amount of pull it has above 70 mph!

--

Do not act as if thou wert going to live ten thousand years. Death hangs over thee. While thou livest, while it is in thy power, be good.

Panda 100hp

--

My Glass is always half full

Panda 100hp or if you can find one, a late SportKa?

Image is no worse than the rest, looks purposeful, 1.6 lump, reportedly a very nice steer (should be, the standard Ka is a top little rollerskate, very chuckable) late ones are 2006 so good for a few years, mechanically pretty simple with little to go wrong....

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular