Forums > General > The Weekend

THE WEEKEND
Previous | 12 | Next

Tonight: Hard Rock Cafe with a colleague for dinner

Saturday: up early for a 1km swim/60km bike/10km run combo, then probably another swim in the afternoon (just to make a change from normal :lol: )

Sunday: up even earlier for a 21km run followed by probably lots of lazing around.

What excitement has everyone else got in store?

Cheers, Rich

--

The "penetration leap from the wardrobe" is always a favourite with the ladiez

Today: day off to cycle from Droitwich to Bridgnorth. 36 miles, not really worth mentioning when Rich started this thread :(

Rest of weekend: recovering, probably.

Cumbria to go walking.

Back on Sunday

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Today - Work relatively late, maybe 5pm :shock:. Then spend some time with teh missus.

Tomorrow - All dayer with some friends, hopefully at my flat for a lot of it, starting with watching the North London derby (don't worry, it's a kick-ball thing). Trying to save money, but also trying to resist the tempatation to tuck into the un-opened bottle of Zubrowka I have... despite knowing it will make the day / night considerably shorter and therefore cheaper.:)

Sunday - Recover, see the missus.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Jobbo said...

Today: day off to cycle from Droitwich to Bridgnorth. 36 miles, not really worth mentioning when Rich started this thread :(

Rest of weekend: recovering, probably.

Jobbo, your 36 miles isn't far off the training ride in the middle of my tri workout, so not to be sneezed at!

I'm not trying to exceed the 225km I rode in a bit under 6 hours last weekend, that certainly required a day to recover from :lol:

Cheers, Rich

--

The "penetration leap from the wardrobe" is always a favourite with the ladiez

Today: Resign

Tomorrow: Stuff. Pack back for

Sunday: walk the High Peak Trail end-to-end for the British Heart Foundation. 17miles across the Peak District from nr Buxton to Cromford nr Matlock.

PM me for sponsor details ;)

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Tonight Dinner in our favourite French restaurant in Bury St Edmunds for a friends birthday (yes/maybe).

Saturday AM Try and figure out where the coolant is pissing out from on my A8 and attempt a fix.

Saturday PM Drive the family to Ashton Under Lyne to a luxurious Travelodge.

Sunday STRIDER World Cup event at the National Cycling Centre in Manchester. Both kids racing this time.

--

Tim

M135i 8 Speed Auto. Alpine White. Faster than Yu.

Tonight - drinks with mate
Tomorrow - work. Closing down a main road in the city and craning on 7 tonne plant with a 70m crane... Should be interesting...
Sun - build a fence to keep my brothers neighbours dogs out of his garden...

Not the best weekend all in..

--

Cheers

Rich

Tonight - gym and then help g/f sort house out for new boiler being fitted tomorrow.

Sat - new boiler gets fitted. Once that is done, prep x-mas list and then go for a meal and movie - The Master.

Sun - open book. Might watch US Gee-Pee-Yee-ha!

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Waiting for a baby to arrive, waiting to hear about jobs I've been put forward for, GP, Forza, poker, DIY.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Fri: Vegetate

Sat: Vegetate, maybe get a hair cut

Sun: Vegetate

I'm basically hibernating for winter.

--

Out of step with the forum.

Rich B said...

Tomorrow - work. Closing down a main road in the city and craning on 7 tonne plant with a 70m crane... Should be interesting...

What size mobile are you using? Must be 200t upwards!8) [/geek]

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Today: try to do an essay and finish off another assignment.
Tomorrow: big boat race. F1 in evening.
Sunday: wee boat race + BBQ. F1 in evening.

--

Entirely pointless

duncs500 said...

Rich B said...

I had to remove a portable structure from a prison in kent a while back and we needed a 500t for that, it was a monster.

--

Done.

Occupying the kids this afternoon, Classic car show at NEC Saturday, fishing Sunday morning down the Stour and then kids party to go to.

Living the dream mofo.

Dan said...

duncs500 said...

Rich B said...

I had to remove a portable structure from a prison in kent a while back and we needed a 500t for that, it was a monster.

Yeah, 500t is nice. The biggest crane I've planned / AP'd for is 250t, but we used something 500t+ to lift in some lock gates a while ago.

As a company though we've used things like this 3200t capacity behemoth:

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

WfH today (slash taking and collecting kids from nursery/school etc, hard work!). In the office tomorrow for some overtime, not looking a bad choice given the weather is forecast to be rubbish. Chillaxing sunday, GP & swim training in the evening (generally around 4k distance).

Not a big fan of this time of year, just feels like a long run till the Christmas break.

Cheers,
Jon

duncs500 said...

Rich B said...

a temex demag ac200-1 all terrain apparently...!

--

Cheers

Rich

Rich B said...

duncs500 said...

Rich B said...

a temex demag ac200-1 all terrain apparently...!

200t crane AICMFP. Terex BTW. ;) Ay, the new Demags are good cranes. That 250t I used recently was an AC250.

Edit - Just so people don't think I'm an idiot, or didn't know, the crane doesn't weigh 200t, that's it's theoretical maximum lifting capacity.

Updated November 16, 2012 at 1:03 PM

--

- Uninspiring soundtrack

Friday: Off to Hong Kong. Sat: Drink a bit. Sunday: Recover

--

Cheers,

Ian

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular