Forums > Moaning forum > People who won't use full beam

PEOPLE WHO WON'T USE FULL BEAM
Previous | 1 | Next

This thread reminded me of my related hatred for these idiots.

When you are following a slower car on a road you don't know, and want to overtake, but can't see far enough ahead 'cos mash-brain in front has no idea how his full beams work.

This.

I pull out and use full beam, then pull back in and dip if it's a no-go.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Ooh, good one. I fvcking hate this! Cvnts soon remember where they are when you overtake them though!

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

shighthawks

My mate does this. Hate being in the car at night with him.

"I can see far enough" err no you fvcking can't!

--

Strong Broo Racing

When I first started driving the A7 was a road I used almost every day. I regularly drove it with dipped as I knew the road so well.

I can't remember who it was but someone pointed out it would be easier to see unexpected obstructions with high beams on.

It was a good point well made.

I may use the pull out high beam method though. :)

I often find the Xenons on the Saab light up beyond the car in fronts lights if they are in an older car.

I had one of those murlocs last friday night. Moving out and full beams to see the road ahead soon woke him up. I suspect he was bricking it that I was about to overtake with an approaching bend.

Well put your lights up idiot its 6pm on a friday night on a county A-road :roll:

--

Something appropriate here

I use my full beams from behind them. If they're going that slow at night and not using their full beams they shouldn't be driving.

Sometimes it's nice to fvck them over.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mikko Hirvonen the Rally driver is one of them. Rally of Sweden he is there with only the dipped beam on. Sometimes even less than that. When the others have the highbeam and 4 spotlights.

As you have pointed out alot of people only look at the narrow tunnel of light, not the surrounding area.

--

Whiskey is my yoga

Sorry chaps I'm one of those people, apart from places like Barnham in Norfolk or when there is heavy cloud cover then dipped beam is more than enough to drive fast safely, have always had good vision at night. If I'm turning from main beam to dipped a lot it takes a few seconds for my eyes to adjust again :p

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

bear-vision weirdo. :evil:

Even if I'm not using full beam, if someone then joins behind me, I switch them on incase they ever want to overtake (and promptly switch them off if they do overtake)

Lifter! :shock:

So like British pressing the Hazard light switch to say thankyou this Highbeam protocol of whom should be using it and when is further compounded by there being no official guideline on their regional meanings being written anywhere
Dose this mean?
- You have passed and it is safe to pull in
- I will do this for you, you shouldn't have to lift a finger to use your own Highbeam, allow me.
- Oh by the way have you seen that deer/badger/fox up ahead
- You have badly adjusted bright lights you B*st*rd
- There is another car coming and I will dazzle them if you won't
- Look out there is a speed camera ahead
- Any combination of the above

--

Whiskey is my yoga

Pretty much all the above, yeah. Is it hazards to say thank you though? I thought it was indicate one way, than the other way, then the first way again. All irrelevant out here obviously, and in pretty much all countries that aren't the UK - the only place I've ever seen driving manners applied, and one of the very few things I miss about the place.

I use the left/ right/ left as a thank you for anyone who has let me out, made something easier for me etc.

Those who acknowledge me by blinding me with full beam though, conk sockets. Flip your lights off and on again, hazards etc, blinding me just makes me think you are a plum.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular