Forums > Moaning forum > Lapland UK

LAPLAND UK
Previous | 1 | Next

Been looking at somewhere 'christmassy' to take the kids next month and have heard this place advertising on the radio...

CLICKY

Jeezuz.....Me, the missus and two little 'uns.....£278!!

£278 for four hours in Kent. :shock:

Updated November 15, 2012 at 12:28 AM

i can think of a better way to spend £300 squid at a place called lap land :twisted:

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

:shock: That is expensive!

Local to us the boys can have a trailer ride from a farm to Santa's grotto, feed the donkeys, contribute to decorating Santa's tree then meet him. £11 per child, can take two adults for free and the adults get free hot drinks and mince pies while the kids do their thing.

I'm sure the thing in Kent will be far more polished but I'm not convinced Mini and Micro would find it that much more exciting than they'll find what we're doing. I'd take a look at local museums etc as the one I used to work at is getting reindeer in for the weekends in December.

Updated November 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM

--

"Evana is witty and seemingly unfazed by anything"

"Ninja poster. Emerges from shadows deals killer blow/ comedy gold and disapearred from whence she came."

Tastefully kinky

We are taking ours on the Santa Steam Train on the Severn Valley railway. They both love trains so should be good hopefully. They ain't got a clue who Santa is though, bit too young for that.

Wonder if this will be similar to the New Forest Lapland of a couple of years ago? Clicky

Take them to Hyde Park instead

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Dinny_G said...

Oh yeah :D

50% bigger than last year with loads more stuff, it should be better than before by a long way.

Updated November 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM

--

Food | Large format print & graphics

lepetitoeuf said...

Dinny_G said...

Oh yeah :D

50% bigger than last year with loads more stuff, it should be better than before by a long way.

I went last year, wasn't too bad, but ridiculously busy. Might be nice to head down for a look around again though, when's it from / to?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Winter Wonderland starts from the 23rd this month.
It's great and there's a big variety of stuff every year. The pub is great, all the food is great, the're a guy by the end near the exits by all the small tourist shops who sells the best churros. So what if its a bit busy, all part of the atmosphere.
Apparently they're all a big group and they go touring Europe. Wonder what they do for the rest of the seasons.
It's pretty funny though, in England you get the gypsies who just set up a crappy carousel. In Germany and Holland you get these guys who build a proper town.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

The site and walkways are 50% larger than last year so should reduce crowding massively.

There that 'Boris' zip wire running across the site, zippo's circus, Magical Ice Kingdom - a huge tent of ice sculptures kept permanently at -9 degrees, beer hall has doubled in size and it wasn't small before, absolutely massive roller coaster and a ton of other top European rides, plus the biggest outdoor ice rink in the country.

And I'm running a team of guys on site for the build over the next 7 days... Brrrr.

--

Food | Large format print & graphics

Looks brilliant but I don't do crowds :(

Andy G said...

£278 for four hours in Kent. :shock:

Just say to your kids, "we could go queue in a field for hours to see a fake santa.. or I could give you £150 each to spend in ToysRus"

Jobbo said...

Wonder if this will be similar to the New Forest Lapland of a couple of years ago? Clicky

I must admit I thought this thread would be about that. Personally I thought it was genius and very British, an incredibly disappointing and overpriced theme park (which most of them are anyway!). I really couldn't understand why they ended being taken to court for it?

My mum worked at Lapland UK (the Kent one) last year - it's expensive but a very professional outfit with some amazing attention to detail. Dozens of buildings, thousands of pine trees, movie-grade fake snow, etc. They actually have a dozen Santas each in their own hut hidden in the woods so that it's not a conveyor-belt style meeting with Santa, they have a very long chat before their present - they even get a load of intel from parents about pets, friends names, etc for that.

The only slight con I think is having to change money into Elf "Jingles" to pay for anything later on, which then can't be changed back. They raise a fortune for charity from donations of unused ones though.

Pricey, but if I had kids at the right age (old enough to understand and be excited by all that, young enough to not have been jaded by all that), I'd take them. Cheaper than the ones where you fly off to the "north pole" and almost as good.

Well Kent is - Kent. It is just going to be some Chav in a Santa outfit.
Show the kids you love them and take them on something that they can remember, something that you can enjoy as a family HERE

--

Whiskey is my yoga

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular