Forums > Moaning forum > Badly adjusted lights/full beam on one light

BADLY ADJUSTED LIGHTS/FULL BEAM ON ONE LIGHT
Previous | 1 | Next

Not HID's/Xenons.

The usual headlamp on poverty spec cars, of they're not point right up at you then they are a sidelight and a full beam pointing right up at you.

The young and women are responsible* for blinding me, seems too be 8/10 cars that go past too :(

*I can see right into their cabin when I put my full beams on.

Orange Cola said...

Not HID's/Xenons.

The usual headlamp on poverty spec cars, of they're not point right up at you then they are a sidelight and a full beam pointing right up at you.

The young and women are responsible* for blinding me, seems too be 8/10 cars that go past too :(

*I can see right into their cabin when I put my full beams on.

This x eleventy million.

It's hilarious when they beep the horn after you flash them. Surely if you cared about being able to see at night, you'd have your lights working. And it's women 80% of the time around here.

And yes, I do carry spare headlamp bulbs in the car. Doesn't everyone?

I was going to post a thread on this subject. Pretty much every journey has some idiot dazzling a single headlight at me, my rear view mirror is practically dipped permanently.

While I'm having a rant why is it when I'm in a long line of traffic on a busy A-road with no opportunities to overtake any time soon the car behind me gets so close up my chuff so that I can't even see his headlights except from in my door mirror where he's in a semi overtake manoeuvre with 2 wheels on the white lines. Coupled with a nice badly adjusted headlamp he manages to dazzle me from the side mirror too

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

It's great being sat a foot lower. I need my sunglasses at night.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Roadcraft recommends that you flash them, but - if it is an adjustment issue - avoid making them eat your full beam vengance (or words to that effect). Better that the drivers of both approaching cars aren't blinded.

Which makes sense, but requires strong will power. :evil:

I remember having to drive 40+ miles on unlit roads when the headlight stalk melted on my MG Maestro EFi (**ck yeah). I had sidelights, or full beams. No front fogs.

It was.... interesting. :?

mik said...

Roadcraft recommends that you flash them, but - if it is an adjustment issue - avoid making them eat your full beam vengance (or words to that effect). Better that the drivers of both approaching cars aren't blinded.

Which makes sense, but requires strong will power. :evil:

I remember having to drive 40+ miles on unlit roads when the headlight stalk melted on my MG Maestro EFi (**ck yeah). I had sidelights, or full beams. No front fogs.

It was.... interesting. :?

<full beams>

Should have bought a better car.

</full beams>

The annoying habit of using the front fog lights, regardless of the weather conditions, makes me want to stab people in the eyes with a sharpened stick.

At least they have *some* lights on, I'm still seeing morons driving round in darkness with NO lights on. Beggars belief.

Barry said...

At least they have *some* lights on, I'm still seeing morons driving round in darkness with NO lights on. Beggars belief.

Had one behind me last night. Car behind her was flashing away without success. So I flashed my rear fogs a few times and hey presto, she got the message and turned her lights on. She had one sidelight and one badly adjusted dipped which then blinded the fook out of me. :roll: :lol:

Updated November 15, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Hookaduck said...

The annoying habit of using the front fog lights, regardless of the weather conditions, makes me want to stab people in the eyes with a sharpened stick.

This and the cars that have DRL's where fog lights would be.

Barry said...

This x1000000000000000000000

--

Cheers,
Mike

+ several million

--

Bear of Batley said...

Hookaduck said...

This and the cars that have DRL's where fog lights would be.

Not a problem, fog lights do nothing special and DRLs are always on so as mentioned this stops the fcuktards having to think.

--

Cheers,
Mike

Given that it is legal to drive at night in well lit areas with only sidelights (I believe), does this also apply to DRLS?

--

i'm pretty sure that most drls are too bright to use at nigh. some can be pretty blinding in daylight!

aren't drls usually just on the front though, can't say ive really noticed the rear lights on cars with them, but again it might just be that theyre not that visible in daylight.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

DRL's are front only so no, you can't drive on them at night. Although you can technically drive on sidelights down a lit street you'd be fvcking stupid to do so. I always understood that if the street lights were on you had to turn your lights on however I'm not sure that's actually the law :lol:

I'm noticing people sitting in the over taking position too, no one actually executes the over take though. Oh and the worse the weather the faster people seem to go. Fecking diesels making everyone think they're in rockets :?

Updated November 15, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Si_ said...

Given that it is legal to drive at night in well lit areas with only sidelights (I believe), does this also apply to DRLS?

That better bloody not be legal!

--

Cheers,
Mike

It was very foggy yesterday and I got overtaken but a white estate car with no lights on at all, if it wasn't for the reflective stickers all over it you wouldn't've seen it from behind, I hate to think what it was like in the rear view mirror :evil:
Then of course, when the fog was very light and wispy people felt justified in having their foglights on :roll:
Auto-dimming rear view mirrors are an excellent invention.

--

Waiting to die.

caneswell said...

Si_ said...

That better bloody not be legal!

It shouldn't be - sidelights involves rear light action, most DRLs don't turn on the rear lights AFAIK, meaning technical breach of (a rather silly and old, these days) law.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular