Forums > General > W124 Coupe 24v

W124 COUPE 24V
Previous | 12 | Next

W124 Coupe 3.2 24v.
Talk to me, I've a bee in my bonnet about wanting one.
Especially in black with the AMG Hammer kit.
Why Oh, why did Merc nor AMG never stick a V8 in this ?

--

Congratulations, you came second.

I've always liked these, but preferably without the kit.

RingNut said...

AMG did - you even mention the Hammer yourself :lol:

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Jobbo said...

RingNut said...

The Hammer V8 only came as a saloon.

--

I understand your wanting

--

Cheers,
Mike

RingNut said...

Jobbo said...

RingNut said...

No it didn't. Here's Chris Harris's recent video of a C124 Hammer: Clicky.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Jobbo said...

RingNut said...

Jobbo said...

RingNut said...

No it didn't. Here's Chris Harris's recent video of a C124 Hammer: Clicky.

Oh, I stand corrected, I didn't think there was a production V8.

Anyway, I want one even more now.
Was there an E500 V8 coupe type thing ?

--

What is your budget because Hammers aren't cheap?

--

I'd rather be wrong than dull

robinoz said...

What is your budget because Hammers aren't cheap?

B&Q do the cheapo ones at about £4! HTH

A former pupil of my Mums' who used to visit when I was a kid had loads of cool cars.

One of which was a 300 CE and was a handsome looking motor. Not as cool as his Alfa GTV6 or Renault 5 GT TUrbo.

Understandable want. They are lovely cars.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Didn't Brian Drought have a W124 Coupe 300-24? I recall he was very impressed with his.

B_T_S

--

There's no replacement for displacement

Brian_the_Snail said...

Didn't Brian Drought have a W124 Coupe 300-24? I recall he was very impressed with his.

B_T_S

He had a 500E (or E500, I always forget which way around it is) - one of the nicest cars I've ever seen/driven.

An itch I regret not scratching....

Bri had a CE first, think it was a 300 12v.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

As if by magic, the Shopkeeper appeared......

I had a 300CE but it was a 12V. Great great car. Build quality was excellent. I bought it with 144,000 on the clock and put on over 100,000 more miles with literally *zero* issues. I changed the rad as it was looking a bit gummed up, but other than that just oil, brakes and tyres.

The 500E was a monster and by far the best car I've ever owned. Regret selling it (Sorry Dave90210). A fair few of you lot drove it and all seemed to like it.

As for a 500CE it was a gap they should have tapped into from the factory. Would have been a great car.

AMG made a few and there's a fair few DIY ones floating around. Given the price of a CE nowadays and how much you'd pay for a borked S500 if you have the DIY chops it's doable :-)

Best decision you ever made Brian :lol:

I've seen a part build of a M119 V8 in a CE but don't think it was ever finished, there was a lot more involved than the guy first thought.

The M117 5.6 V8 is a better engine to swap apparently.

As for the AMG hammer, I saw a set of cracked heads sell for over 3K so trying to get genuine parts is an utter nightmare, it's still the King of the 124 chassis cars though.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

BrianDrought said...

I passed your place the other day and saw that you have a CLS - how does that compare to your previous Mercs?

Remember you giving me a p-ride at Elvington in the E500 - an awesome machine and great for long smokey tail slides 8)

B_T_S

Updated November 15, 2012 at 9:55 AM

--

Brian_the_Snail said...

BrianDrought said...

I passed your place the other day and saw that you have a CLS - how does that compare to your previous Mercs?

Remember you giving me a p-ride at Elvington in the E500 - an awesome machine and great for long smokey tail slides 8)

B_T_S

'ello!

CLS is mostly they wifes. It's 'ok'. Quite quick for an oil burner. Brakes are amazing. It's just a bit dull. OK, very dull. Not VAG dull, but dull. Interior is a nice place to be and not as 'Look at all my buttons' Sony-esque as Audis tend to be.

Looks nice and people do go "oo, posh car" when it's probably only worth 12K.

Reliabilty wise it's been a bit shonky but then all complicated modern cars seem to be. Had a turbo fail and two springs break (all fixed under extended warranty which I wouldn't be without!!)

Personally I'm happier trundling round in my fucked old V70 and the Elise for a bit of fun now and again.

(No idea how you knew it was my place though!!!!!)

What's the spec on the Elise these days Bri? Can't remember who on here was raving about how well sorted it is.

Brian - You still have the Elise?! :lol: How modified these days? :D

Spotted it was your place as you were outside but I was in a rush on way back to Silverstone and couldn't stop.

B_T_S

--

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular