Forums > General > Putting tuned exhausts on diesels.

PUTTING TUNED EXHAUSTS ON DIESELS.
Previous | 1 | Next

Bit odd, but I've seen quite a few 530d's with a M5 style exhausts. Lots and lots of diesel Range Rovers too which have something custom put on driving round Chelsea.

Why? :?

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Internal combustion engines are essentially air pumps. The more air you can pump in and out the more powerful it will be.

Also, because people think they look good.

--

Out of step with the forum.

My diesels got a huge exhaust as standard

Is it a real exhaust, or a big fake tailpipe with a downturned peashooter in it?

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Si_ said...

Is it a real exhaust, or a big fake tailpipe with a downturned peashooter in it?

Real

NotoriousREV said...

Internal combustion engines are essentially air pumps. The more air you can pump in and out the more powerful it will be.

Until you strangle them with CATs, DPF/FAPs and all the other Euro regulations :lol:

Well I guess for the 4x4 people it makes their 'Chelsea Tractors' actually sound like one.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

My dads diesel has five cylinders, one turbot, and four exhausts.

To say it makes my OCD twitch is an understatement.

It does look quite cool though, well it would if there was a v8 under the bonnet to match.

Updated November 14, 2012 at 3:57 PM

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

integrale_evo said...

My dads diesel has five cylinders, one turbot, and four exhausts.

You could have added 'convertible' to the description to make it sound even more incongruous. What a weird spec.

Anyway, the Audi A6 BiTDI exhaust sounds fantastic.

The Audi V6 TDI sounds pretty good for an oil burner.

NotoriousREV said...

Also, because people think they look good.

Back pressure is required ;)

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular