Forums > Geeks corner > new phone help

NEW PHONE HELP
Previous | 1 | Next

my trusty iphone 4 32gb has died - power button not working at all.

i'm out of contract so can sign up again and get a new phone - i think i'm quite happy to jump ship to android but whats going to be the comparable phone to match iphone 5?

ta

--

Hmmmmm BO! BO! Chick.............. Chick a chickaaahhh!

Galaxy S3, I guess. Are you sure you have the requisite utter lack of social skills and disinterest in human interaction, save to tell them why you didn't get an iPhone and why your phone is actually better, no really than an iPhone, to be an Android user, Scott? :lol:

:lol:

i fully realise i'll be an outcast from society if i dont own an apple product! :D

--

Hmmmmm BO! BO! Chick.............. Chick a chickaaahhh!

Have you tried taking the iP4 to the Apple shop?

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

What JL said. I got a S2 last month because I'm a cheapskate and it's brilliant but the S3 is newer so must be betterer.

--

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.

The S3 seems to be pretty good (and it has a decent maps app) - initially I thought it could be too big but actually it's not.
If Google solves their supply problems you may also have a look at their new Nexus 4 which is reported to be excellent value for money.

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

HTC one x plus is worthy of a look.

Once I find a decent deal I may well have one.

pilouil said...

The S3 seems to be pretty good (and it has a decent maps app) - initially I thought it could be too big but actually it's not.
If Google solves their supply problems you may also have a look at their new Nexus 4 which is reported to be excellent value for money.

Ive had a S3 for about a month and its superb out of the box.

Its the first Android device that i havnt wanted or needed to tinker with and ive had quite a few.

For folks coming from an Apple device its ideal as its just as slick (if not more so) but with the added bonus of customisation, widgets etc.

I also get more than a days worth of heavy use out of the battery and the mobile reception is better than any of the previous Android phones ive had.

The downsides are its size, which i happen to find useful as i use it alot for emails and documents. Also the case feels plasticky and the whole feel of the thing is not as "premium" as an Apple product.

Updated November 14, 2012 at 2:57 PM

SimonB said...

Mine arrives tomorrow.

SimonB said...

SimonB said...

Mine arrives tomorrow.

Get that. It is better than the S3.

--

3 - 2 - 1 - Go.................

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

SimonB said...

SimonB said...

Mine arrives tomorrow.

Why is that Doc?

Cant be any worse than the ancient desire its replacing :lol:

Mines on coming vodafone, its not on their website you need to ring. My sister works for them so you get a decent discount which swayed my choice - think affordable mobiles are doing them cheap too but avoid their scam add ons.

Carlos - I'm not sure they are better / worse - as work goes rather than play they seem to have the advantage for me - 25gb free dropbox will be very useful.

Heres a decent review. Click

I had a one x for a day :lol: and sent it back.

Admittedly the main reason is I am not a 12 year old girl and couldn't stick the fact that it was white :lol: . The non expandable memory on the one x is also pants, s3 accepts upto a 128gb sd card and you get a 50geebees dropbox with the S3.

Eta I've had 3 HTC android phones prior to the one x and wanted to like it but couldn't ignore the equally priced competitor

Updated November 14, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Inphone storage isnt an issue for me 64gb will be plenty.

The s3 seems to better for games if thats your thing too.

Again the battery not being removable might be an issue but my desire is still on its orig and works fine after eons.

Prob not 4g compat either which again wont be a problem in the next 2 years.

S3 is great tho 8)

Some of the newer Android phones don't have SD slots anymore - which for me is a bit limiting.

I love that for £30 I could get a 64GB microSD for my S2.

If 16GB storage is enough, the Nexus 4 looks very good - and sim-free for £280 is a bargain.

As I've said before, I really like my S2, it was simple to root and install the latest version of Android - for me the software it ships with isn't very nice, and I bought mine specifically with a view to upgrading it myself.

Which some may see as sad/geeky, some may see it as a nice way to get the phone I really wanted (storage, software, price etc).

Personally, if you liked the iPhone and have other iDevices, I'd just get another one...

Well I'm pretty impressed so far. I can actually post on here now.

carlos said...

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

SimonB said...

SimonB said...

Mine arrives tomorrow.

Why is that Doc?

Think I just prefer HTC's layout and software over Samsung's, which is retarded at times. Plus the One X feels better built and less cheap than the S3. BTW, I use both devices everyday.

--

3 - 2 - 1 - Go.................

Both myself and the wife have the Motorola Razr i mainly because I don't want a 2 year deal and for 18 month plans the Sony Xperia T, S3 and OneX were not sensible money (considering our actual usage). Removable storage is something I count on so of what was left the Razr i picked itself. We are not disappointed though as it happily meets expectations and proves that you don't need dual or quad core cpus as it's single core (all be it with hyperthreading) is plenty fast enough, there again it is 2Ghz. Battery life is good too and I can get 3-4 days out of it which is a 100% improvement on my old Xperia play.

Carl.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular