Forums > General > Mark BT52's new motor?

MARK BT52'S NEW MOTOR?
Previous | 12 | Next

Given BMWs dodgy gearboxes and questionable looks what you getting?

A7?

6 grand coupe thingy?

You may be dissapointed by the answer here....

No "may" about it.

Think "exiges getting an Ampera" and you're close.

desel Golf??? :shock:

From memory - worse :lol:

JL said...

Much, much worse. At least Exiges Ampera has a geeky cool new tech appeal.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Jimmy Choo said...

JL said...

Much, much worse. At least Exiges Ampera has a geeky cool new tech appeal.

It's the cabrio XJS from OZ & James big wine adventure :D

--

I'd rather be wrong than dull

Since we will be getting a BMW 320ED (most likely) company car to replace the Astra, I am after something cheap and cheerful as a runabout as we don't really want to use the Impreza as a station car etc.

Have been looking at Aygos. Really like them, but too expensive, at least £4k! I don't believe that value will hold.
Pandas are similarly expensive and not as nice.

Will probably get a sub £1000 thing,
Fiesta 1.25, 106, or maybe a Puma.
If only there were people on here to give me Puma advice...

Seriously though, for <£1000 what would be good? I assume the Alfa 156 Sportwagon I can see is not a good idea?
Same for 406 coupe?

Updated November 14, 2012 at 11:46 AM

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Aygos have reliability issues, but you can get Pandas cheap. My MIL paid under £2k for hers and loves it.
Mrs doesn't like it, says it feels dangerous.

147?

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Si_ said...

Aygos have reliability issues

Really, I thought they were bulletproof?

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Mark BT52 said...

Since we will be getting a BMW 320ED (most likely) company car to replace the Astra, I am after something cheap and cheerful as a runabout as we don't really want to use the Impreza as a station car etc.

Have been looking at Aygos. Really like them, but too expensive, at least £4k! I don't believe that value will hold.
Pandas are similarly expensive and not as nice.

Will probably get a sub £1000 thing,
Fiesta 1.25, 106, or maybe a Puma.
If only there were people on here to give me Puma advice...

Seriously though, for <£1000 what would be good? I assume the Alfa 156 Sportwagon I can see is not a good idea?
Same for 406 coupe?

I'm very much looking forward to you purchasing a Puma (and probably hating it ;) )

If you're fed up with reliability issues then shirley you shouldn't be considering an old Alfa/Peugeot? As I've said before (and you're all probably sick of it) my old shitter has been completely problem free in my 4 years/60,000 miles of ownership. Still feels great and is a very entertaining drive even though I treat it like shit.

Edit: This seems like a decent example Click

Updated November 14, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Buy a Ford, that way if it does go wrong it's both fixable and not going to cost the earth to do.

Anything less than a grand you will hate though, if you're a few mile from the station it certainly won't heat up enough to give warm air in the cab.

Mark BT52 said...

Same for 406 coupe?

Walking ?

A-class ?

Orange Cola said...

Buy a Ford, that way if it does go wrong it's both fixable and not going to cost the earth to do.

Focus PS pump - £700 fitted

--

Mark BT52 said...

Si_ said...

Aygos have reliability issues

Really, I thought they were bulletproof?

My mate reckons she's replaced the entire car, except the seatbelts.

--

The 406 Coupe shares its underpinnings on the whole with the 406, which is a nice handling car but mainly it's very very strong.

The V6 is a thing of beauty, 210hp and genuine 140mph plus performance, it even has a nice sound with it. You will do low 30s on a run and low 20s on very short trips but it is a lovely thing.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

Si_ said...

Orange Cola said...

Or you could contact a scrapyard/breaker, a decent local garage and pay a half of that.

Buy £1000 car - any car - that has had a recent major (IE cambelt) service.
Set £1000 aside for the usual corrosion/wear and tear that you get on a ten year old car - which you may not need if you find a good 'un.
Sell for £1000 in a years time.

(edited because I can't read)

Updated November 14, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Si_ said...

Orange Cola said...

Don't buy a Focus but a simpler Fiesta/Ka. Also see Beanys reply.

And honestly. You really think that it's going to cost 50p to repair go for a million miles?

GraniteV8 said...

The 406 Coupe shares its underpinnings on the whole with the 406, which is a nice handling car but mainly it's very very strong.

The V6 is a thing of beauty, 210hp and genuine 140mph plus performance, it even has a nice sound with it. You will do low 30s on a run and low 20s on very short trips but it is a lovely thing.

Dave!

Just to be clear, it's a French designed car that's built by Italians.

What could possibly go wrong.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

YOu could get a nice Saab 95 Aero for that, probably saloon. YOu will get leather, xenons etc, just make sure it has had the sump drop done. There are a few decent examples for sale on UKSaabs for under a grand.

LOT of car for the money and as long as you do fully synth oil changes every 6k they last well over 200k without major worries.

Manual box is notchy but fine, slush takes mpg down but those with it like it.

In my manual I get 30mpg average and much higher on a run.

Plus other road users dont assume you are a tw@t! :D

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular