Forums > General > BANNED!!!

BANNED!!!
Previous | 123 | Next

The commercial for the Toyota GT86 has been banned after the Advertising Standards Authority investigated it following two complaints from viewers. :roll: x a million millionty

CLICK

"The ad must not appear again in its current form. We told Toyota not to portray speed or driving behaviour in a way that might encourage motorists to drive irresponsibly in future."

I did get excited when I first saw it, watched it three times, and wanted to go out and buy one :(

People must not be portrayed being happy in adverts in any form!

How can I complain about them banning it?

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

It was a terrible advert anyway.

Not yet banned after 19 complaints: the Kingsmill ad. Good of the Daily Mail to show us what we ought to be getting worked up about.

Jobbo said...

Not yet banned after 19 complaints: the Kingsmill ad. Good of the Daily Mail to show us what we ought to be getting worked up about.

Is that so terrible ? I think I need to look at it a few more times to make my mind up.

I saw that the other night, and what really struck home was how little value they placed in the opinion of their father :(

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

re the Kingsmill ad, storm in a teacup. When I am dropping my daughter at Nursery there are kids waiting nn the school bus in far shorter skirts than that, even in the depths of winter.

I just think they are silly wee girls.

Reading the daily mail you would think she was showing her bum off after dragging her skirt right up. All she did was twitch it and shove her hip out.

The chattering classes need to take their head out their collective holes. :roll:

I'm far more offended by putting fruit in a loaf of savory bread:x

--

Entirely pointless

Car adverts have had some pretty strict rules for years though, Toyota were obviously trying to skirt round the rules by making it animated. They knew they were playing it close.

--

Cheers

Rich

Si_ said...

I saw that the other night, and what really struck home was how little value they placed in the opinion of their father :(

That's because in TV + films men are buffoons. Kick a man in the 'nads and it's hilarious, kick a woman in the cnut and you're a bad person.

exiges said...

Si_ said...

That's because in TV + films men are buffoons. Kick a man in the 'nads and it's hilarious, kick a woman in the cnut and you'll lose your shoe!.

:shock:

I genuinely feel sorry for people who go through life targeting things to get so offended by; it must be a horrible, tortured existence.

Daddydadbo said...

re the Kingsmill ad:

Reading the daily mail you would think she was showing her bum off after dragging her skirt right up.

Is that the Spanish version ?

JL said...

I genuinely feel sorry for people who go through life targeting things to get so offended by; it must be a horrible, tortured existence.

Of course no competitor would put someone up to complain.. oh no.

JL said...

This. Complaining about a TV advert FFS.

A Daily Mail article with quotes from Mumsnet. Dear God...

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

I'm offended by the banning of commercials. Now what? :lol:

I am unable to think of a single thing worse than the existence of Mumsnet.

Daddydadbo said...

re the Kingsmill ad, storm in a teacup. When I am dropping my daughter at Nursery there are kids waiting nn the school bus in far shorter skirts than that, even in the depths of winter.

Pervert. Shouldn't be looking. ;)

--

She's built like a steakhouse but she handles like a bistro.

NotoriousREV said...

Daddydadbo said...

Pervert. Shouldn't be looking. ;)

It is about 20 years since I found school Girls attractive. I barely find under 25s fanciable now. I mainly look at them and hope Emily will wear more sensible clothing and a bloody jacket in 10 years time. :?

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular