Forums > General > Greatest 'Evo' cars that never were?

GREATEST 'EVO' CARS THAT NEVER WERE?
Previous | 12 | Next

I had a look back through some older issues of Evo (as part of my quest to find a new car) and re-discovered some absolute gems that got bean-countered to death before we could get our hands on them.

Plenty of flashier metal, but then I found the Ford Fiesta RS concept from back in 2004. Everything we loved (and hated?) about the Focus RS in a smaller shell and with 180hp sans turbo, it might have been a real performance hero.

It certainly looked the business. Anything else that you guys can recall?

Updated November 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I loved the Volkswagen Ecoracer concept car from 2005. They were talking about a price between £20-25k, and powered by a turbocharged 1.5 diesel that could do 0-62 in <6.5 seconds and could also do more than 80mpg8)

Updated November 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM

--

Entirely pointless

I recall VW also made another car similar to the above, it was shown on Top Gear and was meant to be like a MX5 competitor. That was pretty cool. Alfa 4C could have been evo, I wonder if they will ever make it.

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

I recall VW also made another car similar to the above, it was shown on Top Gear and was meant to be like a MX5 competitor. That was pretty cool. Alfa 4C could have been evo, I wonder if they will ever make it.

Blue sport ?

exiges said...

Mito Man said...

Blue sport ?

Bang on! VW really do know how to disappoint people. Lets not forget the Nardo...

--

How about not having a sig at all?

i was hoping Audi where going to build this

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Nom nom nom

Eric Pisch said...

+1

Realtor spam?!

Original F-type concept for me!

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Lamborghini Canto

VW W12 supercar

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Eric Pisch said...

They still might, it wasn't that long ago we were shown those pics was it?

Eric Pisch said...

Audi said they were going to make a limited run of these did they not? Believe it was basically going to be a TT-RS with more poke, shorter wheelbase and other bits and bobs.

I think this deserves a mention as well, truly stunning car. Imagine it with the V8 from the M3 in the back or the V10 from the E60 M5, would have been immense. :cry:

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

I think the Blue Sport may appear with the next Polo/A1 (I think the reason it hasn't yet is that SEAT couldn't make a case for having a version) and the quattro concept has been mooted as the next TT.

Far cooler than an S-max!

BMW should have built an E92 CSL, but did not... more fool them:?

--

27Gilles said...

They did, it's called the M3 GTS.

--

Stolen Orions on fire off the hard shoulder of the M8. I watched neds litter in the dark near the Tennents shop. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [coughs] tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

djchocice said...

27Gilles said...

They can't fool me;) In a way it was, but it didn't have an appeal for me. Anyways, the E46 CSL still does it for me8)

--

27Gilles said...

djchocice said...

27Gilles said...

They can't fool me;) In a way it was, but it didn't have an appeal for me. Anyways, the E46 CSL still does it for me8)

The problem with the GTS were that it was hilariously over-priced and only sold in that daft orange color. You can make a case pretty easily for the GTS being more focused than the CSL. The fact as well as the lightening process that they went to town significantly modifying the engine, in the CSL I believe it was intake, Zorst and remap then the usual less weight bla bla. This of course doesn't take away that I would have a CSL everyday over a GTS.

Also, I want a road going version of this with the M3 V8 in. Would make a spectacularly good car and would make the Z4 cool again.

--

_ said...

Eric Pisch said...

They still might, it wasn't that long ago we were shown those pics was it?

Youtube linky

I think I was following one of these through the roadwork’s of the A1M, south of Leeming about 6 months back. It appeared to have a different rear light cluster to that shown in the video and remember at the time I couldn’t get my phone quick enough to take a photo. :evil:

However I make my money, eventually, though hard work, ill gotten gains8), or lottery mega jackpot x100 rollover... I would roll up to Porsche and have them build me this... 918RSR Concept8)

Updated November 14, 2012 at 2:19 PM

--

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular