Forums > General > Phat BMW 850. innit

PHAT BMW 850. INNIT
Previous | 1 | Next

This is for sale at a dealer near me.. CLICKY

Just so you know.. they're NOT FIBREGLASS wheel arches.. That's OK then.

:shock:

same colour as the 205 wide body near me! :lol:

Those wheels - specially customised, or simply centres unbolted and rims reversed...?

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

It's a manual - that would be superb if it hadn't been arse-raped in terms of its appearance.

I'm ignoring those numbers that appear within the advert, as they probably refer to some reference number of some sort. Offer 2k.

Updated November 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I recall seeing an Alpina B12 years ago and always wanted one, they just looked really good. That 8 series makes me want to be sick though.

Why haven't BMW re-hashed the 8 series lately?

That bonnet shut-line is horrendous. I reckon it's been smashed up and they've come up with those eye-watering modifications as part of the re-build process.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

It looks like a Zeemax conversion. Unfortunately, being from Norfolk, I am all too familiar with his work, as he is based in Griston:

Zeemax E31 conversions

--

Nordschleife - there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right!

JL said...

It's a manual - that would be superb if it hadn't been arse-raped in terms of its appearance.

This.

There aren't enough of those around as it is, last thing that we need is some bastard doing that to one :cry:

--

BMW Car Magazine @QuentlyBentin

Definitely an acquired taste. That is awful.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

I'm not entirely against it.
Discounting the colour - that wouldn't work on a standard 8 - the arches aren't too bad, it's the front and rear valances and winglets on the sills that ruin it. In a dark colour they'd largely be lost, but that doesn't mean I'm excusing them. Aside from all that, they could have put new plates and front sidelight glass in.
Regarding rarity of manual 850s, I know one was lost to the scrappage scheme :(

I'd rather have the Velvet Blue 840 I saw earlier in the year though :P (I'd go for pretty much anything in that colour).

--

Dragons must be sad on their birthdays.

:shock::roll:

WTF have they done. Another example of how to ruin a perfectly good car and then charge 5 times more than it's worth.

--

Nuts on the road

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular