Forums > General > What is the shortest time you have kept a car for?

WHAT IS THE SHORTEST TIME YOU HAVE KEPT A CAR FOR?
Previous | 12 | Next

Following on from the longest thread, what car have you kept the shortest time?

Mine was my first car. 82 X reg Fiesta 1.3 Ghia. BOught in Galashiels where I lived on the Thursday or Friday, drove to Forres where my folks lived. It fired sparks out the back on the bypass and lost powere regulalr which worried slightly then I took it to the garage where I did my work experience and put it on the hoist and we peeled back inner arches to see lots of worn wiring and a hold in the floor etc.

Left it there on the Saturday morning so about 36 hours and 200 miles I think. :oops:

THen I got a gold Maestro 1.3 HL....... :shock:

Where shall I start..

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

My first car I only had for 6 months; bought it around my 18th birthday but my parents made me sell it when I went to university.

My Alpina only lasted 6 weeks before going back for a refund. Still longer than my 525i Touring this year which I only bought for the alloys and to sell on; that stayed a couple of weeks only. And I had a Saab 9000 Aero in late 2006 which stayed less than 2 months; it was obvious it wasn't for me and I sold it for a profit to someone who had posted a wanted ad on Saabscene.

45 minutes.

My third elise, had it about 4 weeks and drove it two or three times only.

--

Done.

Mk1 xr2 - owned 2 days and sold for 40 percent profit.

Two months of the citrus E39 facelift 530i Sport before I got fed up of it leaving me stranded.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

my first car was a nissan micra which i got for free from my sister. I owned the car for just over a year but only drove it for 7 months as i couldnt afford the insurance when i was in college also I was drunk most of the time so i couldnt have driven it anyway.

Less than 12 hours

My 1st Saxo VTR lasted 8 days before someone crashed into the side of it writing it off.
Ignis only lasted 6 months before i was bored of it.

edit
Forgot i bought a Cinquecento 899cc from a garage for £50 as it wanted a gearbox, the selector cable had come off :lol:
Great diagnosis on their part and a 24 hour £500 profit 8)

Updated November 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM

exiges said...

Where shall I start..

:lol:

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

My first Cooper S was written off by a flood at the dealership while having the pre-delivery checks a couple of days before I was due to collect it.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

So -2 days.

Beat that.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Si_ said...

So -2 days.

Beat that.

And I thought +2 days might win! :cry:

ROughly 4 months I think but I was only driving it for 5 weeks.

My MK4 Golf GT Tdi, it was a lovely car for shlebbing about in but I instantly missed the power of my old Peugeot and fuel economy wasn't the driving force in having it anyway.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

My compact, which was around 20 months from memory.

--

cheers,

Harry

Too many old sheds.

exiges said...

Where shall I start..

:lol:

My Alfa 156 SW - just under 2 years. Despite buying at 3 years old and 60k miles, it still depreciated by £330 a month :lol:

Thought I was gonna do well until I saw -2 days, but....
Put a deposit on a E280 saloon some years back. Was going to pick it up at the arranged time only for the seller to call me to say the car had developed a knock from the rear and he couldn't sell it to me... bit of a let down but fair play to him in the end.
So -2 hours.....:-)

Shorted has to my Astra mk3 1.6. It was complete crap and I couldn't put up with it any longer. 2 months is all I could take.

Updated November 13, 2012 at 6:01 PM

--

I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day and tomorrow don't look good either.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular