Forums > General > Is this guy telling the truth or not?

IS THIS GUY TELLING THE TRUTH OR NOT?
Previous | 1 | Next

Was at Mercedes Benz World earlier and was just chatting to the AMG driving instructor when we got onto the topic of how the AMG engines generally sound superior to other cars.
He added that the ones at MB world will sound much louder and better than standard AMG's driven on the road because the more you thrash the car the better the exhaust will sound? Really? REALLY?

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

I believe that as exhausts coke up they mellow in tone. I also believe that the guy thought it would be fun to wind you up.

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

AMG engines generally sound superior to other cars due to the fact they are 5.0 to 6.2 litre conventionally cranked v8's. :roll:

I did sarcastically say 'sure' to him. I know exhausts can have a bedding in period where their sound changes slightly over the first couple thousand miles. But the way this guy was saying it was that if you thrash a BMW M car (what I was comparing to) it will eventually sound as good as a AMG and as loud :lol:

--

I used to rip the 5hit out of my 1.1l mk1 Fiesta. It never quite sounded like a C63 AMG.

Mito Man said...

I did sarcastically say 'sure' to him. I know exhausts can have a bedding in period where their sound changes slightly over the first couple thousand miles. But the way this guy was saying it was that if you thrash a BMW M car (what I was comparing to) it will eventually sound as good as a AMG and as loud :lol:

AMG employee says AMG sounds better than BMW non-shocker?

Come to think of it I thrash my Mito pretty hard and last month I noticed it got really loud.

Sadly they found a small hole somewhere and patched it up so it's now quiet again :(

--

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular