Forums > Gaming forum > I know how fvcking keys work, prick !

I KNOW HOW FVCKING KEYS WORK, PRICK !
Previous | 1 | Next

Jim's right you know..

He got rather cross !

--

GiraffeIT.com / Installations / Support / Training
evo featured Renault Megane R26 (c) Barry Club.

He is right.

I'm pretty sure other than (most) the Nintendo made games and a few others, all the WiiU stuff will be like that.

I agree with a lot of his stuff, but I just can't stand his childish whiney noises he constantly makes. I just have to turn it off...

--

ClubLupo
Technomotive - Games, Cars, Stuff

Is that beany? :?

--

Done.

That guy is utterly rubbish.

--

"Drink, drugs and driving a black Porsche Carrera what a big brave man he is, also a father and husband, HOW SO VERY SCARY!!!!!!!"

I presume he is a world class games developer then? No?? :roll:

Barry said...

No, but he is a highly regarded games journo. By logical extension are you saying car reviewers must be car manufacturers ?

Updated November 20, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Regardless of who Jim Sterling is, he is utterly and totally correct.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

exiges said...

Barry said...

No, but he is a highly regarded games journo. By logical extension are you saying car reviewers must be car manufacturers ?

No, I'm saying he should at least pretend to understand the workings of a developer and the business constraints we have to conform to before spouting off on the net maybe? Even our games aren't just the same stuff with different graphics (which is what journos seem to love saying every time we release), each iteration gets intensive development during production, mechanics refined and tweaked. We (devs) need to showcase new tech or we'd get left behind quickly or people would lose faith in our products.

Its a very adventurous business this, and its a fine line between showing new tech and keeping gameplay intuitive, even if it might not appear that way to the lay man. If it were quite as simple as he makes out then we'd do it, after all?!

Barry said...

We (devs) need to showcase new tech or we'd get left behind quickly or people would lose faith in our products.

I'd agree if Travellers Tales hadn't been selling the same game (Lego) for the past 10yrs.

Barry said...

No, I'm saying he should at least pretend to understand the workings of a developer and the business constraints we have to conform to before spouting off on the net maybe? Even our games aren't just the same stuff with different graphics (which is what journos seem to love saying every time we release), each iteration gets intensive development during production, mechanics refined and tweaked. We (devs) need to showcase new tech or we'd get left behind quickly or people would lose faith in our products.

Its a very adventurous business this, and its a fine line between showing new tech and keeping gameplay intuitive, even if it might not appear that way to the lay man. If it were quite as simple as he makes out then we'd do it, after all?!

As a (non-games) developer I can see where you're coming from Barry, but surely games devs do some kind of user-acceptance or playability testing where people could say "This <insert new tech of choice> is getting in the way - do it this way instead."?

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

As I said in my previous post, even our stuff is tweaked with every project, even if its not noticeable to the player in most cases :lol:

Compare the first games with whats out now, the engine has improved with each iteration, the lighting, textures, post effects, the physics system, all are vastly ahead of what we originally put out. The main complaint with our stuff is the "samey" gameplay and mechanics, which is down to design and time constraints more than anything I would suggest. We're pushing a lot of physics stuff around the screen, multiple characters and vehicles, dynamic lighting, and managing to fit that on a Wii ffs.. I think we're more advanced than journos give us credit.

My original point was you shouldn't complain too strongly about Devs trying new stuff out, showcasing their development, taking on new hardware, you should be thankful they're willing to try at least!?

Delphi said...

As a (non-games) developer I can see where you're coming from Barry, but surely games devs do some kind of user-acceptance or playability testing where people could say "This <insert new tech of choice> is getting in the way - do it this way instead."?

Not as much as you'd perhaps think in my experience, in our case at least its down to staff themselves giving feedback and putting their own development ideas forward - we still behave like a small independent in fairness, WB have little input on our daily lives other than forcing through corporate benefits and H&S that we might have been lax with :lol:

We still use focus groups of kids to help in early stages of development and they're perhaps not ideal for giving tech feedback, they just like seeing their favourite characters on screen and complain if something doesn't "feel" right. As DB has already commented though, we play it very safe with our tech, so as to keep the playability similar from each game - to build a familiarity with the players so they can just get stuck in to each new game. Its a gamble I guess but it seems to be working.

We've got WiiU stuff coming through very soon, so it'll be interesting to see how *we* dealt with that new tech actually, I've had no input with that development as it was done at Wilmslow (TTFusion) mostly.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular