Forums > General > What (not) Car?

WHAT (NOT) CAR?
Previous | 1 | Next

What's wrong with those people at What Car? I can now use them as a barometer to gauge whether a car has sufficient EVOness to be on my new prospects list.

Current sins: I have a Jag S-Type R daily driver, and I bought it purely for the bonkers 400BHP/400 torques combo – I was actually looking for a new car for my wife and when I put in Purple and Automatic into AutoTrader this is what came out first. I’ve had it for some time and love the way it goes/comfort/activate dampers...... and still don’t really like the way it looks/image/etc... but it is a worthy sacrifice.

What Car opinion: “Don’t buy version: the R”

Future sins: I’m fancying a change, have wife, kids, need boot space.... so how about a BMW 6 Series, good value second hand, comes in auto, can choose a V8 or V10 (swoons)....

What Car opinion: “Don’t buy version: the M6 V10”

Is What Car? the most unintentionally helpful review site????

My opinion: renew EVO subscription for Christmas, stay away from What Car people.

pab107 said...

My opinion: renew EVO subscription for Christmas, stay away from What Car people.

Alternatively, one could argue What Car is for people who enjoy cars but also have things in life to consider other than 0-60 times and how well a car handles at the 'ring..

I do appreciate a car with decent boot space more than ever now.

--

AmperaWomenCar Trade

pab107 said...

Current sins: I have a Jag S-Type R daily driver, and I bought it purely for the bonkers 400BHP/400 torques combo – I was actually looking for a new car for my wife and when I put in Purple and Automatic into AutoTrader this is what came out first. I’ve had it for some time and love the way it goes/comfort/activate dampers...... and still don’t really like the way it looks/image/etc... but it is a worthy sacrifice..

I had mine for 5 years and did 60k miles in it, one of my car selling regrets, fantastic car.

Comparing What Car? to evo....? I'm not sure either of them will appreciate the association :)

--

BMW Car Magazine

I find Parkers Car Guide more EVO than What Car. They seem quite happy to slate a car for not having very involving steering/chassis :)

What Car is very useful for choosing a car for your wife.

Updated November 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

I'm not trying to compare EVO to 'What Car' to Parkers etc... think about the clashes of side burns, oversized sunnys, and the horrific discovery that all small engined cars are not thrummy and rorty. ;)
I do look at all those sources and a few other places when making a next motor shortlist. I just find it ironic that What Car always single out the car I fancy as their "Don't buy". In fact I'll just check what they say about that Infiniti...

It says:

"What Car opinion: “Don’t buy version: the Infiniti”

Exactly right, they give it 2 stars, "and don't buy the posh one" - sounds perfect :D

The guys who work for what car are probably on minimum wage. It's the only explanation if they can't get past the fact that someone can possibly afford to run a V8.

--

Making pancake mix for your mums pancake tits.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular