Forums > Moaning forum > O2

O2
Previous | 1 | Next

Is it possible to cancel a contract with them.....I've now been on hold twice for longer than my patience can cope with. All I want is to say F'off and can I have my PAC code. Cunning plan by them to not employ anyone to answer the cancellation calls.

--

Cheers,
Mike

Yes - and if you are out of contract, and porting your number then you can do it much sooner than the std 30-days notice period. You can't be charged twice by two separate providers against the same number, so they have to release it early.

DON'T move to 3 then.

Use their online chat service.

I had to be persistant but I got my code and moved to giff-gaff :D

Orange Cola said...

DON'T move to 3 then.

Haha, done just that as they actually have 3G signal where I live and where I word and Unlimited Data.....will worry about cancelling with them another day! Surely you can just go to the shop and make a fuss if they don't answer the phone?

--

Cheers,
Mike

caneswell said...

Orange Cola said...

DON'T move to 3 then.

Haha, done just that as they actually have 3G signal where I live and where I word and Unlimited Data.....will worry about cancelling with them another day! Surely you can just go to the shop and make a fuss if they don't answer the phone?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. The shops are mostly franchised. It took me a very, very long time to cancel with 3, they just kept taking the money each month and hit me with late fees etc when I cancelled the DD.

He speaks the truth - I encountered all manner of sneaky tactics from Three the moment I tried to leave. They kept me waiting on hold for ages, claimed they couldn't hear me and dropped my call when I could hear them perfectly, then made me give 30 days notice pushing me into another billing cycle. All this and I had never even used a single minute on the sim (I ordered it then ended up never using it as I needed an iPhone Nano sim and hadn't realised you could cut normal ones down). They finally tried to upsell me, all in the most astonishingly aggressive retention call I have ever endured. I am not joking when I say they would not take no for an answer. Use Three at your peril; a throughly unpleasant company. If this serves to warn one person my suffering and angst will have counted for something, at least.

Updated November 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Orange Cola said...

caneswell said...

Orange Cola said...

DON'T move to 3 then.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. The shops are mostly franchised. It took me a very, very long time to cancel with 3, they just kept taking the money each month and hit me with late fees etc when I cancelled the DD.

Won't that mess up your credit rating?

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

Orange Cola said...

caneswell said...

Orange Cola said...

DON'T move to 3 then.

Won't that mess up your credit rating?

I bet people love dealing with you :lol:

Tell me honey, do you need any copywriting or editing services?

--

"Evana is witty and seemingly unfazed by anything"

"Ninja poster. Emerges from shadows deals killer blow/ comedy gold and disapearred from whence she came."

Tastefully kinky

I'd like to see how the Jobbo would go about escaping a 3 contract.

Orange Cola said...

I'd like to see how the Jobbo would go about escaping a 3 contract.

Write to them and then cancel the direct debit if you can't do it on the phone. FWIW I've never had a problem cancelling with T-Mobile, O2, Vodafone, Orange and Tesco.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

This is Three though. Even writing to them and cancelling the DD left me facing the threat of a mark on my credit history. Ok, they shouldn't be able to do that but try fighting them through the legal system.

Why would it be any different to fighting any other company through the legal system? If you've done everything right then you've little to worry about.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Jobbo said...

Why would it be any different to fighting any other company through the legal system? If you've done everything right then you've little to worry about.

Yes, that bit is fine, but you shouldn't have to fight it out with a company just to cancel a contract with them. It seems the only way is the long way, whereas other companies just accept the loss, close the account and get on with life.

I'm with 3.:(

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Orange Cola said...

you shouldn't have to fight it out with a company just to cancel a contract with them. It seems the only way is the long way, whereas other companies just accept the loss, close the account and get on with life.

No you shouldn't, hence my advice to simply write to them informing them, and cancel the direct debit.

Really I can't believe the claims people make about how difficult it is to terminate a mobile phone contract. Perhaps they're still in the contract period (roll over a few early 'upgrades' and your end date may be pushed back quite a bit) or perhaps they're not making it clear that they want to leave. It's not hard to ask for your PAC code and tell them you're terminating the contract.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

I have to agree with all the negative feedback with 3, i would never ever go back with them based on the worst customer service i have ever experienced, absolutely shocking throughout! Everyone i know that has been with 3 has similar hatred for the company

Jobbo said...

Orange Cola said...

you shouldn't have to fight it out with a company just to cancel a contract with them. It seems the only way is the long way, whereas other companies just accept the loss, close the account and get on with life.

No you shouldn't, hence my advice to simply write to them informing them, and cancel the direct debit.

Really I can't believe the claims people make about how difficult it is to terminate a mobile phone contract. Perhaps they're still in the contract period (roll over a few early 'upgrades' and your end date may be pushed back quite a bit) or perhaps they're not making it clear that they want to leave. It's not hard to ask for your PAC code and tell them you're terminating the contract.

Because for the umpteenth telling telling them you've cancelled (both writing and on the phone) they still charge you or send out a nasty letter saying you're over due. Then it goes to a debt collection agency and finally, when you've proved to the debt collection agency that you owe nothing and you have Infact cancelled in writing and on the phone they leave you alone.

Orange Cola said...

Because for the umpteenth telling telling them you've cancelled (both writing and on the phone) they still charge you or send out a nasty letter saying you're over due. Then it goes to a debt collection agency and finally, when you've proved to the debt collection agency that you owe nothing and you have Infact cancelled in writing and on the phone they leave you alone.

I can only suggest that you Did It Wrong ;)

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular