Forums > General > An admission

AN ADMISSION
Previous | 12 | Next

After much geekery, geeksearch and even a bit of measuring tape shenanigans I've decided I REALLY want a GL420cdi.

Apart from being only just smaller than a Q7 it has turned out as the best 7 seater I can find which gets my interest.

Proper 4WD system with lockable diffs and a low box (essential for the odd kerb and it would have to go to a pay and play day at least once) 500lbs of torque and 7 full size seats and still space for a useable boot with them all up.

This is longer in the back than my Defender which is a 6 foot load bed :shock:

I also don't think I would ever get bored os using these 8)

The world of tomorrow, TODAY

Dave!

Updated November 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

It is a huge car though, but I suppose the V8 makes up for it.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

Nice wagon. Impressive boot-space in 7-seat mode too.

How much?

Dave don't get any ideas about it being offroad-capable - by the time you've jacked up the air suspension or whatever it is to get some ground clearance, you're left with no suspension movement AT ALL. I had to get a GL500 unstuck in the desert a few times, it was like it had scaffold poles for shocks and springs :lol:

This may be utterly irrelevant to you, of course.

Seen some with 70,000 miles for 18K, lovely spec aswell and one with the entertainment pack had 5 tv screens :lol:

Most around the 22K price which is too much for my pay level at the minute so hopefully in a year or less they will be where I want them to be.

300hp even in 2.3 tons of lump should be more than adequite.

Dave!

--

JL said...

Dave don't get any ideas about it being offroad-capable - by the time you've jacked up the air suspension or whatever it is to get some ground clearance, you're left with no suspension movement AT ALL. I had to get a GL500 unstuck in the desert a few times, it was like it had scaffold poles for shocks and springs :lol:

This may be utterly irrelevant to you, of course.

Oh it would be on the part of the pay and play site which I wouldn't get stuck in, just to at ;east use the low ratio box once :lol: .

Also i'd be permanently wincing at any noise I heard.

Dave!

--

Have you just acquired 5 children?

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

GraniteV8 said...

After much geekery, geeksearch and even a bit of measuring tape shenanigans I've decided I REALLY want a GL420cdi.

Apart from being only just smaller than a Q7 it has turned out as the best 7 seater I can find which gets my interest.

Proper 4WD system with lockable diffs and a low box (essential for the odd kerb and it would have to go to a pay and play day at least once) 500lbs of torque and 7 full size seats and still space for a useable boot with them all up.

How often do you drive 6 bears to the bear wrestling training sessions?

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Really big parents?

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Every time we go down south we currently need at least 6 seats if we go out anywhere. Plus with a dog to take places before too long and my general hatred of car buying, it should be perfect.

Plus on quite a few ocasions down here an extra pair of seats would be nice to have.

Also Simon, after your Q5 being hardly different to a Q7 comment a while back, I think your sense of scale is all muddled up ;)

Dave!

--

GraniteV8 said...

Also Simon, after your Q5 being hardly different to a Q7 comment a while back, I think your sense of scale is all muddled up ;)

Dave!

Are you suggesting that Jobbo is actually always far away?
:?

--

Romantic BDSM

You know that picture of him holding up the moon, it was not real :(

Dave!

--

Jimmy Choo said...

GraniteV8 said...

Dave!

I didn't say the Q5 was hardly different to the Q7 - where did you get that from? The Q5 is preferable of course.

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Jobbo said...

Jimmy Choo said...

GraniteV8 said...

Dave!

I didn't say the Q5 was hardly different to the Q7 - where did you get that from? The Q5 is preferable of course.

You mentioned once how getting a Q7 was pointless when the Q5 was more than big enough inside and far cheaper.

Your honour

Bows

Wipes sweat from brow

Dave!

--

GraniteV8 said...

You know that picture of him holding up the moon, it was not real :(

Dave!

:shock:

I feel like the entire internet has been cheapend. :(

--

Romantic BDSM

Jobbo said...

Have you just acquired 5 children?

Wikipedia said...

Kodiak Bears

Cubs are born in the den during January or February. Weighing less than a pound (<450 g) at birth with little hair and closed eyes, they suckle for several months, emerging from the den in May or June, weighing 15–20 pounds (7–9 kg). Typical litter sizes on Kodiak are 2–3 cubs

Dave! only needs to 'litter' a couple of times and he'll be there. He needs to start planning now ready for the first round in although if they don't emerge until May or June he's got a bit of time to find the right one.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

GraniteV8 said...

Jobbo said...

Jimmy Choo said...

GraniteV8 said...

Dave!

You mentioned once how getting a Q7 was pointless when the Q5 was more than big enough inside and far cheaper.

Your honour

Bows

Wipes sweat from brow

Dave!

I bloody didn't. I may have expressed a preference for the Q5 on the basis that it looks far, far nicer than the Q7 but I am well aware the Q5 doesn't seat 7 people.

Clicky for the thread :D Buy the Ford Excursion rather than a Q7 if size is the criterion ;)

Updated November 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

Daves memory 0 - Mr Jobsons memory 1

I lose :(

Dave!

--

Well, I may dislike the Q7 immensely but I prefer the GL over the ML and it fits bears in the rearmost seat, so go for it 8)

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

You learn something new every day. I always thought that the GL was larger than the Q7.

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular