Forums > General > Overhead Cam at 14K RPM

OVERHEAD CAM AT 14K RPM
Previous | 1 | Next

8)

Insane that everything can withstand that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nsa6kq-qqIE#!

--

BMW 130i M-Sport / Yamaha XJ6

My mechanical sympathy has increased greatly! :lol:

Engines still amaze me.

An engineers party trick used to be running an engine at 2200 rpm on the transient test rig without a cylinder head and writing a visitors name on top of the piston due to it spending more time at tdc :lol:

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

GraniteV8 said...

Engines still amaze me.

Agreed.

If you told someone you were about to spin this cam round 230 times a second, and the follower would remain in contact with the cam surface via the mechanical wizzardry of "a big spring" you'd think they were mental.

I'm always very pleased that the inner workings of cars, planes* etc are just that - inner. I would hate to see it all cut away and have some idea of all the things that could go wrong.

* Emirates A380 yesterday notwithstanding, obviously

Amazing vid. And to think V10 F1 engines used to hit 20,000rpm :shock:

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular