Forums > General > PPI claims

PPI CLAIMS
Previous | 12 | Next

No, I'm not offering a service ;)

Think somebody on here, possibly a few of you, have either done this and received something or gotten nowhere. Bank have advised me to send them a claim form because I enquired as to what the 'credit card repayment protector' was on the statement, as it's always been there. Honestly don't recall ever asking for it.

Anybody got any actual experiences of this? Is it a load of hot air?

--

BMW Car Magazine

They'll rollover and die just on the info you provided here.

Fill in the claim form on their website and wait for the cheque. Don't bother with a claims company.

carlos said...

They'll rollover and die just on the info you provided here.

Fill in the claim form on their website and wait for the cheque. Don't bother with a claims company.

Aye am doing it direct with the bank and not bothering with any company, thanks.

--

BMW Car Magazine

Yes, 2 successful claims here. Delt with the credit card company direct And had a cheque in the bank within 10 weeks of initial complaint. Some of the claim companies take up to 40%. Definitely worth the effort!

My dad filled out a form on a whim he got in his local Lloyds TSB. Within 8 weeks he'd received £7000. :lol:

Ex boss got £35000. :shock:

I don't understand these astronomical compensation figures - surely you can't miss £35k coming out of your account, even over a few years?

I don't pretend to understand them, his was on a mortgage account but I know he got the bloody payout!

I know Lloyds have rolled over and decided to refund everything and anything.

Isn't the cut off looming soon?

Neither of the two that I initiated rolled, On company were deceptive and lied about my application and they had already been levied a large fine for mis-selling, Ombudsman found in my favour and they paid out. Barclaycard have said no but that's also with the ombudsman and I expect it to be paid as they have no leg to stand on either.
If they don't roll it only takes 15 minutes to fill in the complaint to the ombudsman and that's all these management companies do for you, it's not hard stuff either. They really do get 40% for fvck all.
I might speak to Lloyds about all my old loans now too.

Carl.

What's this all about then and can I have some free money as well please?

I've only ever had a 2 loans (mortgage and car) as I am a ca$h man myself ;)

Ooh those agreements look good, i'll sign.

Hey I didn't claim, GIMME MY MONEY BACK!

grr etc.

We get them from time to time and it confuses the cretins enormously when my missus mentions she claimed on hers when she was made redundant and it worked perfectly.

Dave!

--

I came here to drink milk and kick ass..... and i've just finished my milk!!!!

I've never had a loan or credit card in this country. Can I claim? I've also never had an accident, but I feel I am owed compensation.

When I usurp Rev's dictatorship those people will be up against a wall sharpish...

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

This is my concern...it does come across as compo-culture doesn't it. Honestly though, the way I look at it is that somebody somewhere has apparently established the legality (or not, as in this case) of including these 'credit card repayment protectors' on your payments. Looking back, was just bloody daft not to query it but I daresay loads of people didn't.

Should probably add that I've had loans where I've knowingly agreed to have insurance added so not querying that of course. But on the credit card, it does seem perfectly fair when set against the fact that it was apparently not the correct thing for the banks to do and I honestly never recall asking for it (and my memory is pretty good).

Have heard from the bank already this morning...they are addressing it now should hear back in a few days. Will be amazed if I get anything that would be utterly bizarre :? as would come down to the bank giving money back which for some reason just isn't expected is it.

--

BMW Car Magazine

ShockDiamonds said...

This is my concern...it does come across as compo-culture doesn't it. Honestly though, the way I look at it is that somebody somewhere has apparently established the legality (or not, as in this case) of including these 'credit card repayment protectors' on your payments. Looking back, was just bloody daft not to query it but I daresay loads of people didn't.

Should probably add that I've had loans where I've knowingly agreed to have insurance added so not querying that of course. But on the credit card, it does seem perfectly fair when set against the fact that it was apparently not the correct thing for the banks to do and I honestly never recall asking for it (and my memory is pretty good).

Have heard from the bank already this morning...they are addressing it now should hear back in a few days. Will be amazed if I get anything that would be utterly bizarre :? as would come down to the bank giving money back which for some reason just isn't expected is it.

The problem is not people being paid back for mis-sold products, but that in setting up the scheme the regulators/government left barn-door sized gap allowing scammers and con-artists to set up "claims management" companies. They provide a completely useless service, charge stupid sums for it and generally try to hoodwink people into believing they are worth the effort.

Additionally several of them apparently fraudulently claim on behalf of people hoping that somebody isn't paying attention.

Either way it is just another annoying thing that we have to endure.

--

DeskJockey
---

DeskJockey said...

I've never had a loan or credit card in this country. Can I claim? I've also never had an accident, but I feel I am owed compensation.

When I usurp Rev's dictatorship those people will be up against a wall sharpish...

<Adds DJ to "possible usurpers list">

When I get into power, you'll be winning a free holiday, DJ!

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

NotoriousREV said...

DeskJockey said...

Is that a good or a bad thing?

--

DeskJockey
---

Back in my youthful days, I worked for a bank in telesales. I had 2 targets: total cash amount of loans sold & total amount of PPI sold.

I used to regularly hit 5x my loans target but I don't think I ever sold any PPI because I thought it was a con so basically just did the basic amount of attempted sell to not get sacked.

--

DeskJockey said...

NotoriousREV said...

DeskJockey said...

Is that a good or a bad thing?

It'll be so good, you'll never want to come back.

--

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular