Forums > Moaning forum > 'Murcans

'MURCANS
Previous | 1 | Next

Some of them are great, but when you get a tosser they're PhD qualified donkey d1ck sized utter fvcking wastes of ignorant space.

No less than three times was this particular tosser told that he had a deadline to meet due to legal requirements. It was even sent in writing twice. Well after the deadline passed he appeared and requested a load of stuff to be done. When I told him he'd had plenty of warning and there was nothing that could be done he completely kicked off shouting, insulting and making a total show :roll:

Orange Cola said...

Some of them are great, but when you get a tosser they're PhD qualified donkey d1ck sized utter fvcking wastes of ignorant space.

No less than three times was this particular tosser told that he had a deadline to meet due to legal requirements. It was even sent in writing twice. Well after the deadline passed he appeared and requested a load of stuff to be done. When I told him he'd had plenty of warning and there was nothing that could be done he completely kicked off shouting, insulting and making a total show :roll:

Too bad, so sad. Sucks to be him. Hope you've got the e-mails to CYA

Fortunately I'm not actually a permanent employee like him but just consulting to his managers. He's been suspended on full pay while it's being "investigated". He'll be back a week on Monday and he will still be the Cvnt everyone knows him as. I feel sorry for the people who have/had to put up with his ego.

If you're on contract, don't waste time caring about behaviour of employees. Just get a paper trail to know who to blame.

Orange Cola said...

He'll be back a week on Monday

I seriously seriously doubt that. He'll either be fired with no cash, or if VP level "resign" with a huge payoff.

ExiledChris said...

Orange Cola said...

I seriously seriously doubt that. He'll either be fired with no cash, or if VP level "resign" with a huge payoff.

Just a Boggo project engineer, I don't think anyone has the balls to get rid of him (or wants the hassle, or has the time).

I'll find out later in the week what his fate is but he was in for about half an hour this morning before disappearing :lol:

Orange Cola said...

ExiledChris said...

Orange Cola said...

Just a Boggo project engineer, I don't think anyone has the balls to get rid of him (or wants the hassle, or has the time).

I'll find out later in the week what his fate is but he was in for about half an hour this morning before disappearing :lol:

Any news? Has he been defenestrated yet?

I once worked with an american guy by the name of Phil D1ck ....
Never has a name suited a man so well

ExiledChris said...

Orange Cola said...

ExiledChris said...

Orange Cola said...

Any news? Has he been defenestrated yet?

Ah sorry. He was suspended for just over a week and came back. Decided to ignore everyone who witnessed his little princess moment and carry on being a d1ck to everyone else. He's been moved to "lighter priorities" while some other poor saps try to reconcile his laziness with the suppliers - such is life I suppose.

He doesn't know it yet but he's being fvcked off to another office (closer to where he lives) which is being considered for closure through redundancies at Easter. I get the impression the company is sifting all the rot into one place and lopping it off the main body of the company.

At least you don't have to work with him anymore, I guess?

ExiledChris said...

At least you don't have to work with him anymore, I guess?

Yep, but I still indirectly have to deal with his failings. I'm just glad I'm consulting and not a permie.

Does no-one get sacked for gross misconduct any more?

School I worked at, the 'IT manager' borked the installation of Exchange and didn't set any backups up - or at least didn't test them for recoverability. Thanks to not setting Exchange up properly (so I am told) it crashed fatally, non-recoverably, with a years worth of exam grades lots. Cost £1000's to the school in fines.

A year suspended on full pay while it was 'investigated' and then offered early retirement with his pension.

Seriously?

Beany said...

A year suspended on full pay

I need this in my life!

Beany said...

Does no-one get sacked for gross misconduct any more?

School I worked at, the 'IT manager' borked the installation of Exchange and didn't set any backups up - or at least didn't test them for recoverability. Thanks to not setting Exchange up properly (so I am told) it crashed fatally, non-recoverably, with a years worth of exam grades lots. Cost £1000's to the school in fines.

A year suspended on full pay while it was 'investigated' and then offered early retirement with his pension.

Seriously?

The problem is it's far too easy for a sacked employee to take his former employers to a tribunal. The cost of a tribunal, what with staff engaged in the gathering of evidence, hiring solicitors, some even hire barristers, can quickly escalate. Sometimes it's cheaper and easier to bung them some cash.

--

Out of step with the forum.

JL said...

Beany said...

A year suspended on full pay

I need this in my life!

Happy days Get another job and live the life of Riley

With a PHD, he must be sh*t ? :shock:

I've been a project engineer a few times, more or less managing suppliers and spreadsheet engineering, you don't really have to know the technical aspects of the job.

Yep, you have to show that you're being reasonable to an employee by giving them chances to improve before you can sack them.

It's never fair, some people get away with murder (like in this case) but I've seen people sacked for far, far less. "Managers" rarely manage any more.

_Mick_N said...

With a PHD, he must be sh*t ? :shock:

I've been a project engineer a few times, more or less managing suppliers and spreadsheet engineering, you don't really have to know the technical aspects of the job.

He failed to send the information out to a supplier, missed the deadline and said nothing. As he was covering a number of small components he did look busy - he just wasn't busy with the supplier that actually provides the bolts that need to be tested to a certain standard. So yes, we have a pile of parts for a machine and we can't bolt half of it together :lol:

Can you source the bolts and charge them an arm and a leg ?

_Mick_N said...

Can you source the bolts and charge them an arm and a leg ?

No :D

It's for a machine that's going to be handling nuclear waste. They're not really off the shelf items. I'm only consulting on construction and process methods along with some supplier work eg who where and what can be done and by when. It's this little oiks job to present a component specification, get samples and get them tested by the company I'm consulting for then let the project leaders know its ready for the green light on production.

He failed at all of the above!

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular