Forums > General > For sells... Aston Martin?

FOR SELLS... ASTON MARTIN?
Previous | 1 | Next

According to Business Week, maybe - Click

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

Noted in the article: "While Aston Martin still gets engines from Ford..."
I guess one of the issues is that they need two (Mondeo) engines for each single V12 they build :lol:

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Bloomberg said...

While Aston Martin still gets engines from Ford, it lost access to Ford’s other resources after the sale and remains the only global luxury brand that’s not part of a larger auto group.

Pagani, Mclaren to name two.

Koenigsegg?

EDIT: Ah wait, Luxury? :lol:

Updated November 11, 2012 at 12:41 PM

--

3 - 2 - 1 - Go.................

shall we all chip in £50 and buy it ?

--

WIBBLE

Well, seeing as Aston don't want to spend money on developing their range of cars, perhaps they should be bought out by whoever now owns Lotus?

Surely Jag/land Rover should get involved.

Would be a very nice trio of Upmarket marques.

--

Bristol SuperYachts

Aston Martin needs progression. The "new" line of models are simply refreshes of the old. It took them a few years to release the V12 Vantage roadster after the coupe was released. And the Cygnet thing is just silly.

If Aston has to go down the hybrid route then so be it. Just do something different.

--

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Aston Martin needs progression. The "new" line of models are simply refreshes of the old. It took them a few years to release the V12 Vantage roadster after the coupe was released. And the Cygnet thing is just silly.

If Aston has to go down the hybrid route then so be it. Just do something different.

Not according to the Aston boss - as discussed the other week...

--

Cheers

Rich

Rich B said...

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

Not according to the Aston boss - as discussed the other week...

I must admit when I read that it just seemed like a damp strategy ploy for warding off interested parties haggling on price.

Also last month he was saying it was not for sale.

It has to be said the article is a bit quote light from anyone that is actually involved with the companies.
Also the Toyota connection, it seems any car company that has flirted with poor business performance gets linked to them, Lambo, Maserati etc...

--

How are you doing? Is you good becos' I want to know.

Imagine Toyota buying Aston, would give a nice budget to play with (potentially) they could drop the cygnet and develop their own engines or just fit the V10 out the LFA to their next model range 8)

Their recent strategy seemed strange too. The Virage was basically the new DB9 at the time of release but they slotted it in between the DB9 and DBS.

And how well does the Rapide sell? I've not seen one yet, but lots and lots of Panamera (in full Turbo too 8))

--

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular