Forums > General > Driving

DRIVING
Previous | 12 | Next

Bloody great isn't it? 8)

Have just whistled up the M4 from Swansea, then the M5 and across country from Gloucester. Minimal traffic, no hold ups. Did the trip in 1hr 45 mins. Just a nice steady 80mph cruise, warm and snug inside the 740, V8 burble under power, dashboard lit a soft orange glow, family all fast asleep despite some decent tunes in the background. Just me, the car and the road.

--

BMW Car Magazine @QuentlyBentin

Did you use cruise control so you could do hi-hat and kick drum to the tunes?

--

My Flickr

Invisible Speakers

I most certainly did :) Got 25mpg too which I was pretty chuffed with.

--

Ah, in-car-drumming....thought I was alone with that one....
Such a relief....! Hi-hat and kick? Accomplished in-car-drumming too:D

ShockDiamonds said...

Just me, the car and the road.

Please make this your signature.

A cool laid back drive can be just as awesome as caning it down some twisty B-Roads. Was driving back from Broadstairs today, decided to take the seaside route and the sun was just setting. The sky was that lovely apocalyptic red colour and I didn't have a care in the world 8)

--

How about not having a sig at all?

Mito Man said...

A cool laid back drive can be just as awesome as caning it down some twisty B-Roads. Was driving back from Broadstairs today, decided to take the seaside route and the sun was just setting. The sky was that lovely apocalyptic red colour and I didn't have a care in the world 8)

Did you jump any cars in front of you? :roll:

I must admit it is quite nice when everyone is asleep and I can stop listening to Aqua. :D

Daddydadbo said...

Mito Man said...

Did you jump any cars in front of you? :roll:

I must admit it is quite nice when everyone is asleep and I can stop listening to Aqua. :D

Did you really think I was being serious in that thread?

--

ShockDiamonds said...

Bloody great isn't it? 8)

Have just whistled up the M4 from Swansea, then the M5 and across country from Gloucester. Minimal traffic, no hold ups. Did the trip in 1hr 45 mins. Just a nice steady 80mph cruise, warm and snug inside the 740, V8 burble under power, dashboard lit a soft orange glow, family all fast asleep despite some decent tunes in the background. Just me, the car and the road.

Talking of forum convention - WYBDAAJOTS?

--

Entirely pointless

I read this last night and so inspired too the fun car this morning out to Norwich. No traffic his morning, bit damp and frosty but 170miles later I am back.

Thank you Mr Shockdiamonds.

--

My Glass is always half full

Mito Man said...

A cool laid back drive can be just as awesome as caning it down some twisty B-Roads.

Do you sit there, mouth agape, in absolute fvcking awe at how laid back the experience is?

--

This ^

yes, and I furiously fist my anus so that it can also gape.

--

Mito Man said...

yes, and I furiously fist my anus so that it can also gape.

Hope you have wipe-clean vinyl seats then.

I had the opposite.

Started off good - 90mph cruise past Doncaster, hit the A1M....get caught up in a five mile tailback. Took an hour to get past.

Then got to the M11. Another accident, another five mile tailback, this time with a detour around some little villiage on the outskirts of Cambridge (and eventually, through cambridge).

Let the satnav work out a diversion, hit some dark A-roads, got back on the M11, then 90mph the rest of the way, on the M25 too, as that was the pervading flow of traffic. Played KissChase with a CLS500 on the way, blatting past each other giving it beans. I think he won on the sound side of things, by christ those things make one hell of a noise.

Normal time for Scarbados to Rochester - about four hours.

This time? Eight hours - left at 1pm, got in at 9pm to beer and KITTEHS waiting for me.

Hope the drive back tomorrow is smoother!

Beany said...

I had the opposite.

Started off good - 90mph cruise past Doncaster, hit the A1M....get caught up in a five mile tailback. Took an hour to get past.

Then got to the M11. Another accident, another five mile tailback, this time with a detour around some little villiage on the outskirts of Cambridge (and eventually, through cambridge).

Let the satnav work out a diversion, hit some dark A-roads, got back on the M11, then 90mph the rest of the way, on the M25 too, as that was the pervading flow of traffic. Played KissChase with a CLS500 on the way, blatting past each other giving it beans. I think he won on the sound side of things, by christ those things make one hell of a noise.

Normal time for Scarbados to Rochester - about four hours.

This time? Eight hours - left at 1pm, got in at 9pm to beer and KITTEHS waiting for me.

Hope the drive back tomorrow is smoother!

Beaney if you were in Rochester you should have said on here we could have done a Beaney meets Ben like when Mik met Maurice :lol:

--

For sure

Been a busy boy, lad - would have had to cancel, arf.

Scarbados is a fair old journey to make!

--

For sure

Ron Burgundy said...

It's only about 250 miles, it's not that bloody bad - you wimp :D

Beany said...

Ron Burgundy said...

It's only about 250 miles, it's not that bloody bad - you wimp :D

I do Rochester to Crewe regularly that's about 215 miles and it's plenty enough for me ;)
I'll stay being a wimp thanks :lol:

--

For sure

ukpete said...

[quote="ShockDiamonds"]
Talking of forum convention - WYBDAAJOTS?

'What You Been Doing' I can guess at, but the rest you're going to have to clarify :oops: ;)

--

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular