Forums > General > Casey Stoner

CASEY STONER
Previous | 1 | Next

Not dead, but shall be racing for the last time this weekend. I for one shall miss his all out racing style. I know he wasn't always liked by some, but he spoke his mind and done the job put before him. Beating Rossi and such on regular basis.

Hope he signs off with a race win. Though I agree with the some, he may return for a wild card race at Philip Island at some point in the future8)

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

... and the only one to have been able to ride the Ducati to victory (including WC in 2007) - looking at Rossi's results with the same Ducati, that was quite an achievement 8)
Just watching the Valencia qualifying now :)

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

I'd put him on par with Rossi. His constant sideways drifting of the Ducati was great to watch. Moto GP is going to miss him a lot more than anticipated next season.

--

3 - 2 - 1 - Go.................

watching quali? 3rd at the mo

Dr.(tbc) Alex said...

I'd put him on par with Rossi. His constant sideways drifting of the Ducati was great to watch. Moto GP is going to miss him a lot more than anticipated next season.

+1.

Nobody realized just what he was managing to do on those Ducatis and why he had a few falls. Rossi going to Ducati really opened everyone's eyes to just what an incredible talent Stoner is. Off the bike he's no worse than most and in true Aussie style he speaks his mind. He's been my favourite rider on the grid for some time.

One less top tier rider will be a real loss to a sport already in decline.

Can people please stop ignoring forum convention, especially when it comes to participants in a relatively dangerous form of motorsport.:evil:

I think I'm fighting a losing battle on this, just perhaps stop it because it's an uninformative title to a thread anyway?

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

I agree. Watching Rossi on the Ducati made realise that he is only a great rider when the bike is a peach, and by no means am I knocking Rossi's achievements. But if you are looking for a rider that can bring any bike home challenging for a win. Stoner is your man. If it wasn't for the illness he suffered and had Ducati listened to him, he would have bagged more titles.

--

Yes Rossi is only a great rider when the bike's a peach, like y'know back in 2003ish when he switched to that "peach" of a Yamaha :roll:

Stoner's a great rider no question and I love him. But Rossi is one of the greatest of all time if not THE greatest of all time (only one who could be considered greater would be Ago).

Also, besides the championship that Stoner won for Ducati, his results on the Ducati were not vastly different than Rossi's. Someone at PH on biker banter posted a chart comparing them, will try to repost it here

Updated November 10, 2012 at 2:40 PM

BlackPrince said...

Yes Rossi is only a great rider when the bike's a peach, like y'know back in 2003ish when he switched to that "peach" of a Yamaha :roll:

Stoner's a great rider no question and I love him. But Rossi is one of the greatest of all time if not THE greatest of all time (only one who could be considered greater would be Ago).

Also, besides the championship that Stoner won for Ducati, his results on the Ducati were not vastly different than Rossi's. Someone at PH on biker banter posted a chart comparing them, will try to repost it here

That's the whole point BP. By calling Rossi one of the all time greats and then saying Stoners performances where the same is a massive compliment to Stoner!!! And remember when Rossi was at his peak he had Michelin fly in tires on race day specifically developed for him based on how they had been performing Friday etc etc... That sort of thing makes it so hard to judge the true talent of someone.

EDIT: Stoner Ducati average finish 3rd, Rossi 6th :roll:.

Updated November 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM

duncs500 said...

Can people please stop ignoring forum convention, especially when it comes to participants in a relatively dangerous form of motorsport.:evil:

I think I'm fighting a losing battle on this, just perhaps stop it because it's an uninformative title to a thread anyway?

The 'not dead' statement really needs to be in the thread title.

The '..... not dead but his <something> is. Hahahaha lol' first lines are very shit.

--

This ^

240PP said...

duncs500 said...

The 'not dead' statement really needs to be in the thread title.

The '..... not dead but his <something> is. Hahahaha lol' first lines are very shit.

:lol:Can't win 'em all

--

duncs500 said...

INDEED
:twisted::twisted::twisted::evil::evil::evil::evil:

--

Yes, yes, yes, I'm doing that all the time. You don't have to remind me every 10 seconds.

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular