Forums > General > Hello... (lots of V8 content!)

HELLO... (LOTS OF V8 CONTENT!)
Previous | 1234 | Next

Just thought i'd say hello and stick up a few picks of my car and the other's my family have on the drive/in the garage.

Firstly, here is my car - a 2003 5.0 V8 Mercedes CL500 in Met silver with grey/blue leather and wood:

How I bought it:

Then changed the exhaust as the standard one is so quiet and restricted. Went for a custom made back end that I think sounds great:

This is how it sounds now:

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/jimmyford/media/57110266-C7DF-4C25-83FC-A6E27CD2C707-18902-00000865A4CE32EE.mp4.html

Then over the summer I decided to buy some height adjustable links for the self levelling suspension set up to drop it a bit when parked and also buy it some new wheels - this is how it looked over the summer:

Wheels are 19x9.5 all round Rotiform BLQ's with 225/35/19 Kumho's and 235/35/19 Pirelli P-Zeros.

And now the weather is a bit rubbish again, this is currently how it's looking on the drive:

I've got to do a bit of bodywork tidying up over the winter, and as it's a MB from the early '00's it has a few leccy issues that need seeing to!

Now for the others:

Current cars are a 2007 BMW 650i convertible, a 2007 MB SLK280, and 2006 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 Petrol and this, my fathers pride and joy:

It's a 2005 F430 spider, F1 gearbox, carbon interior, red dial, non-ceramic version in Red with cream leather. I've had the pleasure of driving it a few times, and I love it!

Well that is all for now really!

Was looking at CL500s on Pistonheads classifieds last night, very nice cars for the money. Not sold on those summer wheels though!

--

Entirely pointless

Apologies, but that Merc looks awful lowered on those rims...

Welcome! The CL, fantastic car, when you start it does the ride height raise to standard ride height?

PugRallye2 said...

Apologies, but that Merc looks awful lowered on those rims...

looks vile

lovely fezza thou

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Blimey, tough crowd! Can't please everyone though haha.

Bandido said...

Welcome! The CL, fantastic car, when you start it does the ride height raise to standard ride height?

Yes, it has three different height settings from the dash.

Interesting, very trick. The MB owner club will be wheezing seeing it lower and on big rims! Brabus ran a reprogramme for the ABC suspension control that allowed the car to slightly lean in to the corner with an end result of further reducing understeer.

V8's a-mungus. Nice. :)

Car sounds lovely. I'm no fan of the slammed-look either, although your rims don't offend me. I take it that is the suspension lowering in your vid, as opposed to some fat b4stards getting in? ;)

PS - nice chickens.

Bandido said...

Interesting, very trick. The MB owner club will be wheezing seeing it lower and on big rims! Brabus ran a reprogramme for the ABC suspension control that allowed the car to slightly lean in to the corner with an end result of further reducing understeer.

The pistonheads lot all seemed to suffer heart failuer, but I got over it pretty quick haha!

There are a few ways to get it lower and stuff - I took it round the Nurburgring (on the standard wheels and tyres) on its middle height with the shocks on sport mode, which stiffens them up, and it handled surprisingly well considering the cars 5m length and incredible weight! It handled much better than it did when I picked it up.

mik said...

V8's a-mungus. Nice. :)

Car sounds lovely. I'm no fan of the slammed-look either, although your rims don't offend me. I take it that is the suspension lowering in your vid, as opposed to some fat b4stards getting in? ;)

PS - nice chickens.

Haha, yeah it is the suspension lowering itself. I could do with losing a bit, but it's not that bad haha!

If you get bored you could do this to the CL500. Possibly worse than what you've done already, mind:

--

JL said...

Oh b*llocks you're right

OH dear...

Birmingham would be a fitting home for that Merc :shock:

From now on your name around here will be jimmyhaha. ;)

--

Cockwallet

Wow, don't hold back on the niceties guys, people might start to think you're really a bunch of nice guys, not people who were never educated in common courtesy...

I loved it when it was slammed, I thought you said you sold the wheels?

Updated November 9, 2012 at 6:10 PM

N said...

I loved it when it was slammed,must au though you said you have sold the wheels?

Thanks mate! The wheels are boxed up in the shed at the moment, but they are for sale!

No pics of the 650?

--

How about not having a sig at all?

I can't see what all the fuss is about, looks alright to me.

jimmymidnight said...

Wow, don't hold back on the niceties guys, people might start to think you're really a bunch of nice guys, not people who were never educated in common courtesy...

Hi Jimmy

Love the Ferrari, hate the lowered Merc. Just my opinion, if we all liked the same thing the world would be a boring place.

Previous | 1234 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular