Forums > Moaning forum > Headwinds

HEADWINDS
Previous | 1 | Next

On a bike.

Makes a normally good route just not enjoyable :evil:

And a bleedin' hare almost took me off on a fast downhill section :shock: :lol:

--

http://retrotekracing.co.uk

I thought you were complaining about your headwand. :?

When the sprogs were little I had a day off and decided to go for a ride on the bike. I had to be back to collect them from school, and hadn't left much margin.

Set off and - although it was a little breezy - all seemed fine. Half way round I was onto some higher ground with no cover - and realised I had a 4 mile stretch of (relatively gentle) uphill, into a 30-odd mph headwind. Hmm. Seemed to take forever and I was bricking it about being late.... hadn't punished my legs like that for years. They were aching for days. :oops:

mik said...

When the sprogs were little I had a day off and decided to go for a ride on the bike. I had to be back to collect them from school, and hadn't left much margin.

Set off and - although it was a little breezy - all seemed fine. Half way round I was onto some higher ground with no cover - and realised I had a 4 mile stretch of (relatively gentle) uphill, into a 30-odd mph headwind. Hmm. Seemed to take forever and I was bricking it about being late.... hadn't punished my legs like that for years. They were aching for days. :oops:

If only you could have turned round and just headed back! :lol:

I tend to find that the wind always changes direction when I'm on the return leg. So you get a headwind all the way on a circular route. Irritating.

Jobbo said...

I tend to find that the wind always changes direction when I'm on the return leg. So you get a headwind all the way on a circular route. Irritating.

This. Having to pedal downhill is such a ballache!

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

Worse still is the tail wind all the way out as you don't realise how hard it will be to head back. Making such good progress I usually forget and do another 5 mile.

Updated November 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Rode 225km this morning, only at the half-way point (it was an out and back route) did I realise why I'd been flying along, as I then faced a headwind for most of the 110km return leg. I did the sensible thing and started slip-steaming lorries :D

Cheers, Rich

--

The "penetration leap from the wardrobe" is always a favourite with the ladiez

You're not normal though ;)

There aren't many lorries down the "woods" although I was tempted to grab hold of a tractor's trailer as he was trundling up a hill.

--

http://retrotekracing.co.uk

Reminds me of the charity rides I've done. London to Brighton was easy compared to london to south end - purely because of constant headwind. Even my mate struggled and he managed a 3:20hour marathon on his first attempt!

Updated November 10, 2012 at 4:21 PM

--

Cheers

Rich

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular