Forums > General > Ronnie O'Sullivan

RONNIE O'SULLIVAN
Previous | 12 | Next

Not dead, and I'm not really a snooker fan, but it sounds like we might never see him play again.

A true, flawed genius, whose talent seems to be a curse. I could watch him play all day, but could not watch any other player.

did you seen the thing on itv4 the other night about him?

Was very interesting.

Loved when he was 9 or so he was interviewed by Danny Baker asking about his talent and ability.

Baker enquired 'How big do you want to be'

Ronnie '5 feet 10'

:lol:

Yes, an amazing player but his actions at times are inexcusable.

Shame, so good to watch.

Trying to work out exactly what is wrong with him. Sounds like depression I think. A good player to watch but it's not as if he needs the money now.

Carl.

Trauma caused by his dad being in prison and feeling he had to achieve at snooker which became an obsession.

i think he's just generally not bothered now he's done it all and his dad is out so isnt depending on him being on tv.

Oh and too much coke

Dr Carlos said...

Trying to work out exactly what is wrong with him. Sounds like depression I think. A good player to watch but it's not as if he needs the money now.

Carl.

I think it is depression, plus he says he always hated snooker, he just happened to be very good at it

Alan said...

Dr Carlos said...

Carl.

I think it is depression, plus he says he always hated snooker, he just happened to be very good at it

Sounds like most of us with our chosen careers then, he is lucky enough to have made enough money to get out and retire early. Not jealous at all:D . Fair play to him though.

Carl.

Partying with Ronnie Wood on regular basis probably doesn't help your mental state much.

--

I'd rather be wrong than dull

Alan said...

Dr Carlos said...

Carl.

The most naturally gifted snooker player there's ever been - a genius of his sport. At his best, he could the next best playing Left-handed. He was that good.

Hope he manages to overcome his demons.

Oh, and he'll be back again at some point too.

Seems I missed this in the news. Not really surprised though Ronnie has blown hot and cold for years. I played from the age of 7 to 18 and only stopped when I went to Uni, after having been told to go pro but realising that I really wasn't good enough. And then I watched Ronnie play at his best I knew it was the right decision.

--

BMW Car Magazine

Well that didn't last long :roll: ;)

Epic flounce.

--

Cheers

Rich

Rich B said...

Epic flounce.

He wouldn't last 5 minutes on here. ;)

speedcamera said...

Rich B said...

Epic flounce.

But he'd be back...

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Mark BT52 said...

speedcamera said...

Rich B said...

Epic flounce.

But he'd be back...

:lol:

I was listening to him on the radio last night. He said every time he gets fed up playing snooker he'll look back on this time when he wasn't playing and remember how depressed and miserable he was.

I'm always amazed at people who can't handle just being rich and having to think of fun things to do for themselves. Then again, I guess if you've been on something like a snooker tour since you were a youth, it must be more like normal life than anything else.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Personally I think being a snooker player would suck balls. Money is only there for the very select few and you live your life within anti-social hours with no natural daylight. People seem to get confused thinking what they do for a hobby, and then thinking it's always like that. It's a job like any other. I bet being an F1 driver is no fun at all, for example.

JL said...

you live your life within anti-social hours with no natural daylight

I like snooker,

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

I agree with you about snooker, not about F1. HTH.

Having known someone who worked in the industry (F1 that is) and ended up not working in it, I saw the desperation and desire that he had trying to get back into it. Money wasn't the issue, I think there's a real camaraderie to that particular sport, everybody knows everybody, it's definitely got that Gentleman's Club feel to it.

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular