Forums > General > Audi oops

AUDI OOPS
Previous | 12 | Next

Mate of mine ordered an A5 V6 Tdi thingy. It arrived with a manual gearbox (he ordered an auto). Presumably this will knacker the resale value - can't see anyone wanting that engine with a manual? Anyway, they can't get the right spec until July 2013 (I suspect some fibbing going on to push him to take this one). Discount offered to date has been 8%, which to me is miles from adequate for this fvck up.

What would evo forum do? Apart from buying a F40...

Chris

ExiledChris said...

Mate of mine ordered an A5 V6 Tdi thingy. It arrived with a manual gearbox (he ordered an auto). Presumably this will knacker the resale value - can't see anyone wanting that engine with a manual? Anyway, they can't get the right spec until July 2013 (I suspect some fibbing going on to push him to take this one). Discount offered to date has been 8%, which to me is miles from adequate for this fvck up.

Chris

Tell them to do one as I'd be off to buy a Merc. David Yu got a new car after 6 months because he had the wrong seats in his Ferrari IIRC.

--

Romantic BDSM

Gloucester's answer to Eddie Jordan

Reject it as not being the car he ordered, then make them squirm:lol:

log a call with audi customer services saying you are disappointed, life long audi fan etc (important). This will kick the dealer up a gear

If he wants the car I would take nothing less than a courtesy car until the correct spec car arrives (they have a6 v6 oil burners, i had one for a month) and i would expect the 5 year warranty chucked in and probably 3 years service for your trouble

not unreasonable imo for a mistake made over a 50k+ car

they where super stars with me 8)

I suspect the dealer will try to unload it on him as they know nobody will buy a manual V6 oil burner

Updated November 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

Jimmy Choo said...

ExiledChris said...

Chris

Tell them to do one as I'd be off to buy a Merc. David Yu got a new car after 6 months because he had the wrong seats in his Ferrari IIRC.

Yeah, but he's a famous blogger :lol:

+1, reject it and tell them you've seen a nice Merc/BMW instead.

Eric Pisch said...

log a call with audi customer services saying you are disappointed, life long audi fan etc (important). This will kick the dealer up a gear

If he wants the car I would take nothing less than a courtesy car until the correct spec car arrives (they have a6 v6 oil burners, i had one for a month) and i would expect the 5 year warranty chucked in and probably 3 years service for your trouble

not unreasonable imo for a mistake made over a 50k+ car

they where super stars with me 8)

I did tell him to call Audi UK - that should help a correct spec materialize more quickly.

Burn it with fire!

On a more serious note: kick up a big stink and get Audi's local HQ involved.

Surely he can reject the car on the basis that it isn't what he ordered. Do that and go somewhere else.

--

DeskJockey
---
Now fueled by heavy oil...

ExiledChris said...

I did tell him to call Audi UK - that should help a correct spec materialize more quickly.

surprisingly enough audi UK give the impression of caring and my dealer certainly bent over backwards to help. Audi have / had a big drive on for customer retention / loyalty

oh and ask for an R8 for a weekend :twisted:

Updated November 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

--

Making pancake mix on your mums pancake tits

WIBBLE

ExiledChris said...

Chris

He definitely needs to throw that car back at them, a manual V6 tractor will be about as popular as a ginger step kid come resale time.

--

Clio 182/Spazda MX-5/Honda CRF450R/VFR400/WRX Wagon

Get them to agree to replace the one he has in July or whenever it is ready for no cost.

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Mark BT52 said...

Get them to agree to replace the one he has in July or whenever it is ready for no cost.

Wrong gearbox

ExiledChris said...

Mark BT52 said...

Wrong gearbox

Can't he live with it until the correct one is ready?

--

Impreza WRX STi Spec-C V-Limited Toshi Arai Edition/ GTR/ Panda 100HP Pandamonium/ 316d

Mark BT52 said...

ExiledChris said...

Mark BT52 said...

Wrong gearbox

Nine months wait for a new one - guess it saves nine months depreciation though

ExiledChris said...

Mark BT52 said...

ExiledChris said...

Mark BT52 said...

Wrong gearbox

Nine months wait for a new one - guess it saves nine months depreciation though

Exactly.
This is what happened with our Smart. Delivered us an all black Pulse instead of a black and silver Passion.
Although it was only for 2 or so months, not 9.

However, I suspect that number 9 would magically reduce... ;)

--

If the dealer fvcked up the spec then they should pay for it, if Audi fvcked it up then they'll also cover it. Let them fight it out between themselves and keep us posted 8)

A courtesy car of equal or higher spec until the correct car arrives, with free servicing thrown in. And as has been said, the 9 months will no doubt shrink a bit. That number is probably just a ploy to get him to take the car.

The A5 3.0TDI was only available as a manual for a year or more after launch. So Audi clearly didn't think people would only want an auto.

However, I'd want an auto and there's no way I'd accept a manual when that's what I'd ordered, for any discount. Having to live with it for 9 months wouldn't be a good solution either.

That car and engine needs an Auto.

Insist on a equivalent until the new one until the new one arrives and do it through Audi. Claim left leg injury etc.

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Reject it and demand a loan car till the replacement rocks up!

--

I'd rather be wrong than dull

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular