Forums > Moaning forum > Mis-quoted sayings

MIS-QUOTED SAYINGS
Previous | 12 | Next

exiges said...

Oh, and then there are those that don't know "relative" from "relevant"... saying "It's all relevant, isn't it ?"

I heard "it's power for the course" a while back

I have also seen in-writing several times this month

"direct line of site"

I used to work with an indian guy who inadvertently got a few english sayings mixed up.

'Top of the notch' and 'happy as a larry boy' were a couple of my favourites.

--

Done.

"Sucker for punishment".

Murder Death Kill.

Many many people are on "tender hooks" or say exetera rather than pronounce the first t.

'On route' amuses me too.

--

Done.

The American "I could care less" makes me want to go on a killing spree.

Someone the other day was talking about "sentient points"; I assume he meant "salient points". :lol:

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

"Learning curb"
"Tied with the same brush"

--

This ^

On a pedal-stool instead of pedestal

I know it's not a saying but some people really don't know that there's no X in espresso FFS. I hate to be so pacific though. :evil:

Going to hell in a hat basket.

--

Jobbo said...

Rev is correct, of course

Work-related:

Arctics as the abbreviation for articulated HGVs :evil:

and

Refuge vehicle rather than refuse vehicle.

Listento what you're saying FFS!

WarrantRy.

*KABOOM*

Delphi said...

The American "I could care less" makes me want to go on a killing spree.

This x 563465891287392343456.

Card shark.

Generally and Genuinely :evil:

Oh and my favourite which is from a Czech friend: (while in the middle of an argument) "GET OUT OF MY EYES MATE!!" instead of get out of my face" :lol:

We all immediately forgot what the hell we were arguing about and fell about laughing.

Updated November 10, 2012 at 7:34 PM

--

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

Swervin_Mervin said...

Work-related:

Aaahh, don't remind me, that one really gets my back up. You get people who really should know better saying it as well.

Being a foreigner the missus comes out with some gems, but they're still in the cute phase and haven't moved into the annoying phase (yet).:lol:

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

I think you're all on a hideaway to nowhere on this one.

NotoriousREV said...

Going to hell in a hat basket.

:lol:

--

Tree Trunks, I'm all jacked up because of you. Look at my jacked up face!

duncs500 said...

Swervin_Mervin said...

Work-related:

Aaahh, don't remind me, that one really gets my back up. You get people who really should know better saying it as well.

Being a foreigner the missus comes out with some gems, but they're still in the cute phase and haven't moved into the annoying phase (yet).:lol:

Yeah, like colleagues who've written it in a technical report and still don't see the error even when you've circled it (violently) with red pen. :evil:

McSwede said...

I know it's not a saying but some people really don't know that there's no X in espresso FFS. I hate to be so pacific though. :evil:

eh? :)

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular