Forums > Moaning forum > Mis-quoted sayings

MIS-QUOTED SAYINGS
Previous | 12 | Next

exiges said...

Oh, and then there are those that don't know "relative" from "relevant"... saying "It's all relevant, isn't it ?"

I heard "it's power for the course" a while back

I have also seen in-writing several times this month

"direct line of site"

I used to work with an indian guy who inadvertently got a few english sayings mixed up.

'Top of the notch' and 'happy as a larry boy' were a couple of my favourites.

--

www.hpeauto.co.uk

"Sucker for punishment".

Murder Death Kill.

--

Much blasphemy ensued, and some menace, which I stopped by dismounting and opening the carriage door, and intimating an intention of mending the road with his immediate remains, if he did not hold his tongue. He held it.

Many many people are on "tender hooks" or say exetera rather than pronounce the first t.

--

JL said...

It's a valid point from Gavin (a phrase I use rarely!)

'On route' amuses me too.

--

www.hpeauto.co.uk

The American "I could care less" makes me want to go on a killing spree.

Someone the other day was talking about "sentient points"; I assume he meant "salient points". :lol:

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

"Learning curb"
"Tied with the same brush"

--

F*ck the internet, I was doing this My Way.

On a pedal-stool instead of pedestal

I know it's not a saying but some people really don't know that there's no X in espresso FFS. I hate to be so pacific though. :evil:

--

Mike1215 said....

"Rev could learn a lot from you"

Going to hell in a hat basket.

--

Don't get involved, it's too time-consuming for no return.

Work-related:

Arctics as the abbreviation for articulated HGVs :evil:

and

Refuge vehicle rather than refuse vehicle.

Listento what you're saying FFS!

WarrantRy.

*KABOOM*

Delphi said...

The American "I could care less" makes me want to go on a killing spree.

This x 563465891287392343456.

Card shark.

Generally and Genuinely :evil:

Oh and my favourite which is from a Czech friend: (while in the middle of an argument) "GET OUT OF MY EYES MATE!!" instead of get out of my face" :lol:

We all immediately forgot what the hell we were arguing about and fell about laughing.

Updated November 10, 2012 at 7:34 PM

--

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.”

Swervin_Mervin said...

Work-related:

Aaahh, don't remind me, that one really gets my back up. You get people who really should know better saying it as well.

Being a foreigner the missus comes out with some gems, but they're still in the cute phase and haven't moved into the annoying phase (yet).:lol:

--

Now stop trolling me you hat-wearing thundermut.

I think you're all on a hideaway to nowhere on this one.

NotoriousREV said...

Going to hell in a hat basket.

:lol:

--

McSwede said...

Never realised Gilles was a Southern fanny though. He seemed like such a decent chap. I shall eye him with suspicion from this day forth ;)

duncs500 said...

Swervin_Mervin said...

Work-related:

Aaahh, don't remind me, that one really gets my back up. You get people who really should know better saying it as well.

Being a foreigner the missus comes out with some gems, but they're still in the cute phase and haven't moved into the annoying phase (yet).:lol:

Yeah, like colleagues who've written it in a technical report and still don't see the error even when you've circled it (violently) with red pen. :evil:

McSwede said...

I know it's not a saying but some people really don't know that there's no X in espresso FFS. I hate to be so pacific though. :evil:

eh? :)

--

JL said...

It's a valid point from Gavin (a phrase I use rarely!)

Previous | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular