Forums > General > Peugeot 207

PEUGEOT 207
Previous | 123 | Next

Hi I am interested in replacing my 7 year old Nissan Micra 1.4E with a used 3 year old Peugeot 207, 1.4L Sport with paddleshifts. I did not managed to test drive the 207 but tested the 308.

The 308 did not do too well. It was sluggish. A short write up on the test drive is here. Ride of the 308

I am wondering if the 207 will have the same problem with being underpowered. Are there particular problems with the 207 that will require extensive repairs.

In Singapore, cars are extremely expensive so the 207 will cost me about SGD$59,000 or £29,969.

207 owners, can you help enlighten me on the ownership experience of the Peugeot? Thanks

www.therunningrobot.blogspot.com

Updated November 8, 2012 at 3:01 AM

--

Cirrus58

I've driven a few 1.4 207s. They're pretty terrible. Sluggish and no fun to drive, the handling doesn't sparkle at all and the interior is very cheap and nasty.

--

What's the difference between a BMW and a hedgehog?

Why not get something like a mini cooper?

--

Cheers

Rich

If a 207 is a 30k car, what would a Mini Cooper be worth? Scary numbers!

JL said...

If a 207 is a 30k car, what would a Mini Cooper be worth? Scary numbers!

3 year old 207 1.4 in the uk is £4-5k+. You can get a mini for that, it may be a year it two older. But most importantly, it's not a 207.

--

Cheers

Rich

Well, the current price of a 3 year old Mini Cooper over here is about $100,000 or £51,000. A Cooper S of the same age will set me back by £71,000. That's car ownership in Singapore for you.

Look here: http://therunningrobot.blogspot.sg/2012/11/the-curious-case-of-peugeot-207.html

--

Cirrus58

Holy crap :shock: that's ALOT of money for a 207. Aren't there any other options???

--

I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day and tomorrow don't look good either.

I think suicide is a viable option in this situation!

Japanese cars are probably cheaper. Suzuki Swift, Mazda 2/Demio, 3/axela, Honda Jazz , Toyota Ist

JL said...

I think suicide is a viable option in this situation!

:lol: certainly if he buys a 207.

--

I can only please one person a day. Today is not your day and tomorrow don't look good either.

Peterlplp said...

Japanese cars are probably cheaper. Suzuki Swift, Mazda 2/Demio, 3/axela, Honda Jazz , Toyota Ist

A 3 yr old Suzuki Swift Sport, one of my top choice will cost slightly more than the 207. $60,000 or £30,000. Will that be a better choice?

www.therunningrobot.blogspot.com.

--

Cirrus58

cirrus58 said...

A 3 yr old Suzuki Swift Sport, one of my top choice will cost slightly more than the 207. $60,000 or £30,000. Will that be a better choice?

www.therunningrobot.blogspot.com.

About a billion times better, yes! The 207 is a hateful car if you're even remotely interested in getting some fun out of driving. Your Nan would love it though.

--

Cheers,

Gwaredd

steelesigns.co.uk

might be worth checking out www.carlease4you.co.uk:D

Updated November 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Had a mk 2 Astra about ten years ago over their, the saloon no less. Seem to remember it was about £40k for the company to buy, horrid as well. Tax was 150% I think then plus you had to bid for a license which allowed you to buy a car....

Updated November 8, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Don't you also have to prove that you first have access to a garage before you can buy a car over there? Or is that only in Japan?

--

BMW Car Magazine

Greenstone said...

Had a mk 2 Astra about ten years ago over their, the saloon no less. Seem to remember it was about £40k for the company to buy, horrid as well. Tax was 150% I think then plus you had to bid for a license which allowed you to buy a car....

Yep, that's what you call a certificate of entitlement. And it now cost $77,000 or £39,000. You got to pay for that first before you get own a new car. So our car prices will include that.

So even if a Chery QQ cost £100. You pay to pay £39,100 for the new Chery. (China Brand car)

--

Cirrus58

ShockDiamonds said...

Don't you also have to prove that you first have access to a garage before you can buy a car over there? Or is that only in Japan?

Don't have to. But you will have to purchase a parking space at about £25 a month anyway.

www.therunningrobot.blogspot.com

Updated November 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM

--

Cirrus58

get out of the micra asap ... its a deathtrap

action jack84 said...

get out of the micra asap ... its a deathtrap

Why is the Micra a deathtrap?

--

Cirrus58

Holy carp, are wages anywhere near in line with these prices?

--

Cheers

Rich

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular