Forums > Gaming forum > Far Cry 3 has gone gold

FAR CRY 3 HAS GONE GOLD
Previous | 1 | Next

Apparently. Anyone else looking at getting it? I liked the original Far Cry.

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

I adored Farcry 1 - the size of the levels and "do it how you want" mission style was brilliant.

Will check this out - it looks pretty crazy!

--

Bunta's Tofu

Farcry 2 was pretty rubbish. Lots of tedious driving around the African bush and straight forward merc gunning.

The original was awesome on PC and still one of the very few games I never managed to finish as I couldn't kill the end boss... :oops:

--

Share your car adventures.
www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

David_Yu said...

Farcry 2 was pretty rubbish. Lots of tedious driving around the African bush and straight forward merc gunning.

The original was awesome on PC and still one of the very few games I never managed to finish as I couldn't kill the end boss... :oops:

He's right. FC2 sucked. Loved the original though.

Bunta said...

I adored Farcry 1 - the size of the levels and "do it how you want" mission style was brilliant.

Yep, loved the openness of it.

Will wait and see - agree with everyone that FC1 was great, FC2 was pap, although my current gaming cynicism means I'm not expecting much.

--

ClubLupo

Cant wait for this now - it looks open worldtastic!

--

Bunta's Tofu

Well, I went back and reinstalled the original FarCry.. and it runs in 1920x1200 quite well !

I shall be playing that in my lunch breaks until FC3 is out.

exiges said...

Well, I went back and reinstalled the original FarCry.. and it runs in 1920x1200 quite well !

I shall be playing that in my lunch breaks until FC3 is out.

Did you beat the end boss who leaps all over the place? I must have tried that a hundred times and I've played a fair few FPSs. Maybe I had it on too high a difficulty, but I don't think you could change it down mid-game.

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

FarCry was one of the first games I'd ever played through to the end and I've heard lots of people talking about the horrendous end to the game but I don't recall it being difficult. I guess I would have played it on normal.

EDIT: I've just Youtubed the end of game and this is pretty much how I remember it CLICKY

Updated November 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

exiges said...

FarCry was one of the first games I'd ever played through to the end and I've heard lots of people talking about the horrendous end to the game but I don't recall it being difficult. I guess I would have played it on normal.

EDIT: I've just Youtubed the end of game and this is pretty much how I remember it CLICKY

From memory it was the bit right before that clip, trying to get into that big room. There were loads of monsters which took ages to kill.

Col__ said...

exiges said...

From memory it was the bit right before that clip, trying to get into that big room. There were loads of monsters which took ages to kill.

Yeah I remember a big room and the pumped up bad guy just leaping all over the place like a demented frog. Could never get a bead on him and he had some big ass gun or grenade launcher.

It still haunts me to this day; the game I couldn't finish... :?

--

www.auto-journals.com

Real life with cars

There was a trick to it on hard by leaping away from him so he had to look fo ryou and would stand still.

Boom - headshot. :) (about 50 of them iirc - it was hard on hard)

--

Bunta's Tofu

IGN UK give it a 9.0 "Amazing"

CLICKY

I like the Uncharted series and as Uncharted 4 doesn't look like it's going to be out for sometime, I might give this a go.

You know, I've never got on with Uncharted. :?

Previous | 1 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular