RESILIENCY
Previous | 123 | Next

It isn't a word. It's resilience.

--

Out of step with the forum.

You are correctington.

????

Err, it's in the OED. :lol:

I think this is an IT specific definition, possibly corrupted by management idiots who may / may not have been across the pond.

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

NotoriousREV said...

Level of resilience.
or
Resiliency.

Similar, and both correct.

If you look, in the American dictionaries in which it is published it has exactly the same definition as resilience hence there being no requirement whatsoever to add the "y" to it.

--

RichardMajor86 said...

NotoriousREV said...

Level of resilience.
or
Resiliency.

Similar, and both correct.

Nope.

--

Ah, you're saying it's redundant, not incorrect.

Down with this sort of thing!

--

Knackered old hairdresser's sh1tter

Next step is to introduce the word "resiliencyness" (we have the same trend in French :? )

--

Pilouil
Citroen C3 1.4 HDI 69.0424 bhp

Lots of resillyness in this thread.

Si_ said...

like Comet staff who work for Comet? ;)

And don't get me started on people who now use "obligated" when the mean "obliged".

exiges said...

And don't get me started on people who now use "obligated" when the mean "obliged".

:evil:

I've come across 'interpretate' a couple of times.:evil:

--

+ Non-limited edition of the Exige 240R
- Uninspiring soundtrack

And then there are those who try to appear educated/polite by saying yourself/myself when they mean you/me

My boss said I was 'very vocabulated' today. she knew it wasn't a word thankfully.

Si_ said...

Careful now.

:lol:

--

and from the beginning think what may be the end.

exiges said...

And then there are those who try to appear educated/polite by saying yourself/myself when they mean you/me

Aaargh, yes that's very annoying!

--

Previous | 123 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular