Forums > Gaming forum > Elite being resurrected again

ELITE BEING RESURRECTED AGAIN
Prev | 12 | Next

Greatest game ever, and squeezed into 32k of memory.
I'll pledge some money, and I really really want it to be good but Elite was a game of its time. Playing it now emulated I find it very hard to get in to. Back then you were absorbed into the Elite universe, kind of like reading a book vs watching a film. It was your imagination that made Elite.

Nowadays we are so spoiled with amazing sound and graphics I just wonder what they can do to bring the game successfully to the modern era. I do love the idea of a MMO Elite universe though.

JustMax said...

I'll pledge some money, and I really really want it to be good but Elite was a game of its time. Playing it now emulated I find it very hard to get in to. Back then you were absorbed into the Elite universe, kind of like reading a book vs watching a film. It was your imagination that made Elite.

Nowadays we are so spoiled with amazing sound and graphics I just wonder what they can do to bring the game successfully to the modern era. I do love the idea of a MMO Elite universe though.

22k. The other 10k was system and display.

Jimmy Choo said...

JustMax said...

Yeah yeah :lol:

Jimmy Choo said...

Depends on what mode you were in. Although I only remember 0,4 and 7 which were :-

0 - 640 x 256 2 colour (22K RAM used, 10K free)
4 - 320 x 256 2 colour (10K RAM used, 22K free)
7 - Teletext mode (1K RAM Used 31K free)

IIRC Elite used mode 4, so you're right on that count! :)

--

Something witty goes here.....

Jorg Gray Ltd Edition Watch Number : 313631

It's reached the goal with just over two days left. I had my doubts when there were only a couple of weeks left and still 500k to go. I (and I'm guessing many others) upped my pledge as they introduced new pledge categories to boost the numbers.

Prev | 12 | Next

Jump to forum: Go

Please contact the webmaster if you have any problems or queries relating to this forum.

MEMBER LOGIN

|
Connect
Company Website | Media Information | Contact Us | Privacy Notice | Subs Info | Affiliate Programme
Our Other Websites: The Week | Auto Express | Custom PC | IT Pro | MacUser | Men's Fitness | Micro Mart | PC Pro | bit-tech | Know Your Mobile | Octane | Expert Reviews | Channel Pro | Know Your Cell | Know Your Mobile India | Digital SLR Photography | Den of Geek | Magazines | Computer Shopper | Mobile Phone Deals | Competitions | Cyclist | Health & Fitness | CarBuyer | Cloud Pro | MagBooks | Mobile Test | Land Rover Monthly | Webuser | Computer Active | Table Pouncer | Viva Celular